Author Topic: A few snaps from me  (Read 1767 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
A few snaps from me
« on: April 07, 2007, 23:28:45 »
- Someone commented to me that daffs have such a short season, a few days and then they are gone.  I explained that if you select well, you can have colour for 6 weeks.  Mine are still going strong.  The yellows and little ones have all finished, and now the pretty colours are doing their thing.

I let the prims self seed all over but I also save seeds as they are so easy to germinate when fresh.  I have just pricked out 50 plantlets which will go in the garden during the autumn.

Am really pleased with how the garden is looking at the moment.  Have bluebells in bud (thanks to Eileen) and all the lovely fresh new young growth on the shrubs is almost edible.  The blossom on the apple, plum, pear and 2 cherries is showing colour - the medlar will follow in a couple of weeks.  Buds are developing on my aquilegia and my hostas are poking through the ground and looking positively blue with health!  I am loving spring.

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
Re: A few snaps from me
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:13:34 »
They are lovely photos, i am still struggling with a new digi camera that i got for my birthday in March. Every close up looks very blurred.
It amazes me how close you have got yours.
Like you i am enjoying the spring weather.
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 05:20:44 »
Lovely, EJ. What wonderful colours your prims are.
All the forget-me-nots in our garden opened up yesterday morning. Such a blue! Joy.  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 19:50:07 »
Beautiful, EJ.  Like you I like the Jonquil type of daffodil which still flowers into May in some cases.   :)  And I envy you your forget-me-nots.  They don't seem to take kindly to growing in pots and suffered terribly with powdery mildew here last year.   :(

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 19:59:49 »
Really gorgeous!  :) Thanks Emma-Jane.  (What's the lovely pale blue flower, please?)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 21:21:37 »
They are lovely photos, i am still struggling with a new digi camera that i got for my birthday in March. Every close up looks very blurred.
It amazes me how close you have got yours.
Like you i am enjoying the spring weather.

Tilts, I was having the same problem then I discovered my camera had a macro setting for close-ups - makes all the difference.  :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 22:14:13 »
Grandma, the pale blue are forget-me-nots.  I have never planted/sown them, they are a real neighbourhood weed, but I adore them at this time of year - I LOVE them with red tulips!!  I oik out those I don't want and keep the rest in.  The good thing is, they are normally done and dusted before all the regular perrenials are out and about.

I have been using macro for these photos - it is the shots of things moving I am having trouble with.  The aperture speed is a touch slow so they come out blurred...and at the moment, I cannot work out how to adjust it!  ;D

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 00:22:20 »
Thanks Emma-Jane. I feel a bit of a twit not recognising forget-me-nots  :-[ !!! It's not until you see some flowers in close up that you realise how very lovely even the tiny ones are. Super pictures  :)

cardinalflower

• Half Acre
  • Love the smell of lilacs .....
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 00:37:31 »
Lovely photo's EJ, really enjoy having a nosey when you post your pics!
Georgie's pics are another one of my favs too!

CF x

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:17 »
nice & cheery ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal