Author Topic: New Greenhouse  (Read 1933 times)

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
New Greenhouse
« on: April 16, 2007, 09:34:54 »
We have a veggie plot in the garden 2m x 1m. This was our only veg growing area until we go the allotment a few days ago.
Today we are getting our grrenouse, which will be placed over the veg plot.

In the veg plot we have peas, 1st early potaoes, and salad things. Now the question I would like to ask is....

Would the pots and peas grow in the greehouse if we were to put it over the bed, or should we wait until we have dug up the pots and peas until we build the greenhouse?

I would really like to get the greenouse built asap, as I don't fancy the glass being down the side of the house too long as we have children.
Thanks,
Sue

Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

allaboutliverpool

• Hectare
  • allaboutliverpool.com
    • My Allotment in Liverpool
Re: New Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 16:21:30 »
You could always leave the door and window open at all times, and perhaps 2 or three panes of glass left out. I should also shade it either with proper shade, or the old fashioned way with whitewash.
The big danger is scorching.

http://www.allaboutliverpool.com/allaboutallotments2_my_allotment_in_liverpool.html

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 20:08:12 »
Thanks,
Sue
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 17:48:51 »
I would think they would all be alright - I've got the potatoes & salad in pots in mine coming along well & last year I grew early peas.  Main difficulty I would think is trying to put up the greenhouse without treading on the plants.  Good luck.  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal