Author Topic: To go  (Read 2368 times)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
To go
« on: March 16, 2007, 03:41:40 »
I have a number of thornless raspberry canes surplus to my requirements that need to go soon otherwise its the fire for them. They would really need to be collected from the Brent X area of London. Variety is unknown as they were already on the plot when I took over. Fruiting time July-Aug.

The following flower seeds may be of interest:

Mirabilis. Seed from white, yellow and red flowers mixed.
Perennial sweet pea
Myrtle.

Tubers for swaps:

Typhonium venosum. (Voodoo lily flowering size)
Mirabilis
Canna 'Ambassadour' (Plum foliage, red flower, ht 2mtr.)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Re: To go
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 19:33:55 »
Raspberries all gone now.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 21:13:02 »
Eristic, do your perennial sweet peas pong ??  i read somewhere (think it was Lishka if the truth be known) that they don't smell.  do we treat them same ways as annuals then cut down to reappear the following year ??

forgive the ignoramusness

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 22:29:45 »
No, these sweet peas don't smell much bet they still look pretty. Plants produce annual growth from a sturdy rootstock and quickly climb up any nearby support. Ht. to about 2 mtr. Once plants get scruffy in the autumn, cut to ground level and clear away.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:50:34 »
PM sent !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 16:22:24 »
hi eristic,

if you have any more sweet pea seeds, i'd be grateful. i'd gladly send the cost of postage so you're not out of pocket.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 16:24:51 by weedbusta »

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 15:01:20 »
Appologies to anyone still waiting for goods or corespondance. I'm experiencing severe mains flicker on the electricity as another cable joint burns out causing the computer to constantly re-boot.

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 21:13:05 »
thanks for the p.m. eristic, i'll let you know when they arrive. are you sure you don't want anything in return? i'm looking forward to having sweet peas forever.

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 23:36:37 »
Be warned, in my experience, after several years of growth, the everlasting sweet pea plant will have an ENORMOUS root system. I know because I had to dig one out a few years ago, and ended up with a hole about 2 foot deep and 3 foot round. This particular plant had been in place for about five years as I recall.
Very pretty when in flower though.

Sorry eristic but I thought people should be warned what may happen with them. That said, it's only a problem if you have to move/remove it.
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 02:27:00 »
That's ok, I'm not selling them. These are not the sort of plants you would put in the middle of a display bed but more suited to sticking by the fence or in difficult corners where they can be left to do their thing. They will compete well with ivy and suchlike, and you should try digging out old ivy roots.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 08:56:49 »
Be warned, in my experience, after several years of growth, the everlasting sweet pea plant will have an ENORMOUS root system. I know because I had to dig one out a few years ago, and ended up with a hole about 2 foot deep and 3 foot round. This particular plant had been in place for about five years as I recall.
Very pretty when in flower though.

Sorry eristic but I thought people should be warned what may happen with them. That said, it's only a problem if you have to move/remove it.

Seconded that :( And mine started off against the hawthorne hedge and part of the root system bloomin migrated into the middle of a veggie bed. Took loads of digging + a good 3 months of root-out treatment to kill the remainder. The stems aren't a thing of beauty either. My main gripe against the thug is that I still have the roots but my neighbours the other side of the hawthorne get the flowers. Ain't no justice. >:(

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 15:30:58 »
thanks, i don't mind a few thugs. I'm in the east end of Glasgow, you get used to it. my plots huge 50ft x 50ft. with plenty of space for it to run riot across the back fence.

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 10:36:03 »
hi eristic,

the seeds arrived today, thank you.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal