Poll

Should this board be split up into different edible type

Yes
78 (43.3%)
No
102 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 180

Author Topic: Split Edible Plants?  (Read 9445 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: Split Edible Plants?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2007, 09:58:33 »
Alishka, if you mean topic/thread titles then they are down to the person who started the topic/thread. I which case it is up to individual members to be more specific when titling their posts! I personaly try to be as accurate and descriptive when titling a new topic as i can in the space provided.

If you mean the titles of individual sub-boards (edible plants, non edible plants etc) then i personaly dont see much wrong with the titles, although perhaps a revamp of the sub boards themselves might be in order?

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2007, 22:16:48 »
like it the way it is :)

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 10:01:09 »
I have voted no as I don,t come on the bit very offten i think it maybe confussing

Iain

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2007, 20:54:51 »
It is good as it is so why change, if you had a subsection for propagation in edibles there would be very little apart from seed sowing, a few cuttings i.e seakale etc. and dividing i.e.shallots. Maybe if in the title of each post the type of plant could be included it would make things clearer as to what the post is about.

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2007, 15:42:03 »
I've voted NO.
I have read threads that have inspired me to try so many different veg I would never have attempted if not for the question/answer encouragements.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

stanley

• Not So New ...
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 00:39:07 »
I agree with elle

I thought I knew a lot about veg gardening, this area has taught me different, please dont change it, the main reason being it sets you thinking about stuff you hadnt thought of..............................erm........... that may not have made a lot of sense but hopefully you know what I mean.

vive la paix

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 16:44:29 »
I'm going to leave things as they are, I may have another look in the future who knows!

Cheers

Dan

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 19:26:58 »
OK, but may I too implore people to make the subject clear in the thread title.  I mostly don't have time to click on things to find out what they're about.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 19:57:21 »
I'm with Greyhound on this one.  I don't think edibles is the place for crypitc titles, there are just too many posts.  So how about we all get into the habit of posting the name of the plant first, followed by question?  So instead of a number of posts entitled, for instance, 'Am I too late?',  we get 'Potatoes: am I to late' etc.  Just a thought.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal