Author Topic: Wrestling with nets  (Read 4590 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Wrestling with nets
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 22:32:30 »
If you are still struggling with your nets you need to make new nets..... All you do is get a load of holes and tie them all together....aaahhh I hear you say.... but they have gone fishing haven't they - who - rod & anette ;D ;D ;D

Sorry. couldnt resist ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 08:04:40 »
At £25 a sheet for a 16' x 8' sheet I always use concrete reinforcing mesh. Cut to what ever size you want and stick in the ground. Tent shape for high climbers or straight in for peas etc. It even has  ground spikes built in. Use it for fencing when not in use and fling it on the fire to burn off debris when the crop is finished. It should last about 15 years. A lot easier than messing about with scrappy bits of netting.

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 15:22:21 »
Christmas lights - remove cats from house, trail across all the sofas and carefully wrap back into the ooriginal packaging for next year. It is an end of the festivities ritual...

Nets - currently in a blardy big mound under the buddleia, held down with a big stick.  Blardy stuff is a pain in the bum at times and untangling means walking it across the carpark and trying to roll it back into manageable bundles.  Am in the process of constructing wooden "boxes" with netting to be stapled all round (bar the bottom bit which sits on the ground). Easy access to plants, foiled fowls and they live on the beds all year round needing no extra storage. I'd put some photos up if I'd actually managed to make any of them!

This year I will be trying pea sticks for climbing. Next year - who knows.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 15:31:03 »
Well I'm just back from planting 200ish peas so I hope the nets work OK. ??? :P

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 15:37:58 »
Someone famous said, "You can never have enough peas" - will 200 seeds be enough?  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 18:27:30 »
Don't have a problem here. I no longer have Christmas lights. (I am called a miserable so and so by my children) but as I no longer spend time here, children arrange my whole Christmas I don't see the need and I have yet to try growing peas, at least I can benefit from the posts about net.
Trixiebell, I have just cracked up at your post, oh dear was it supposed to be serious??
Lorna.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal