Author Topic: am I wierd or what  (Read 4223 times)

baggieboy

• Half Acre
Re: am I wierd or what
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 02:32:22 »
My nephew who is 9 said ' You can tell a ladybirds age by there spots. Surely he winding me up as usual ? .He loves wrestling so I can officially kick his ass if he is lying   ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 08:14:01 »
Last year there weren't meny because there was nothing for them to eat during the cold spring. I remember seeing a couple that were about half the normal size. There is the odd year when there are masses; there was an anormous number in 1976 (I think), and I remember great masses hatching out the following spring. Then they settled down again.

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 10:33:52 »
i only saw ONE last year and that was at WORK.  didn't see one in the garden at all.

saw a peacock butterfly at work today.  i'm wondering what that site has got that i haven't.

:-\

Lots of weeds and all the ground in between allotments is left to do as it pleases. Great for wildlife, not so great when the grass decides to seed!

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 20:27:01 »
My nephew who is 9 said ' You can tell a ladybirds age by there spots. Surely he winding me up as usual ? .He loves wrestling so I can officially kick his ass if he is lying   ;D

You mean after believing all this time it's not true!!!!
If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal