Author Topic: Right Tools for Right Job  (Read 1370 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Right Tools for Right Job
« on: April 01, 2007, 18:56:19 »
Hi All,

Having struggeled to get all the things i needed to do on my plot with a hand saw and having returned a number of cordless saws and drills because there had no power in them to cut a peice or cheese,  I though I would recomend one that actualy does work. Ryobi CCK-18/2-002 Circular Saw Twin Pack 18V

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=40774&ts=49535

Powerful Combi Drill and Circular Saw with ultra thin, TCT kerf blade to reduce power drain and increase cutting capacities to 45mm. Perfect for laminate worktops, boards and sheet material.Drill has soft grip overmould for improved grip and reduced vibration, variable speed, reverse and brake and quick adjustment 24 torque settings. Built-in spirit level for accuracy, 2 gear ranges and magnetic screw holder.

On just one hours charge i manged to get all the wood cut for the floor of my shed and screw it all in with ease!! ( cutting 1 inch thick chipboard )

I have been up to the allotment with a friend and his trailer to take all the things up to the allotment i have been hording over the last couple of months (inc nice padded seat for shed which is now on floor) and now i just need to get the rest of my beds back filled and eveything planted and i can start to finish off a few of the projects i have been struggeling with.

These include

-Finishing my L shaped raised bed and planting up my apple tree & rose bush.
-Making frames to net all the beds bar one which will be covered in plastic
- Adding a second layer of wood to my raised beds ( to be done after all the spuds are out later in the year)

I cant wait for the bank holiday so i can get the beds all sorted and then crack on with my planting and projects :-)

Cambourne7

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Right Tools for Right Job
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 19:30:56 »
Glad you found a good one... I tend to drag things home, but then my lottie backs onto the house!
 ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 22:44:13 »
ah yes mines a mile away and up a hill with no power

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 12:48:09 »
just going to order the wood i need for my ad hoc greenhouse

I recon i have enough plastic to make my mini greenhouse

Its going to be 4ft wide, 6ft high and 3ft deep and will have a door how exciting going to look at the screwfix catalog and find some branckets to hang the door with.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 15:13:09 »
Love my OH's DeWalts. Ar ar ar more power.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal