Author Topic: Thompson and Morgan credit note not honoured  (Read 912 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thompson and Morgan credit note not honoured
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:28:22 »
I know a few of you out there ordered goods from T&M  this year,and by doing so you were promised freebie onions or spuds with your order over a certain amount spent,when they couldn't honour the freebies  as they had run out  they sent a credit note for £3 instead. Well I have just tried to use the credit note which they refused to honour. The reason was that my order was too small. I was ordering a sale item  and using the £5 off voucher that came with the sale flyer. I was told I could not use my credit note on this purchase.

I was very annoyed, the £3 was not a sales incentive or a discount voucher it was credit note for goods not received.

So in effect, I was promised something that they did not have to encourage me to buy  which I did, I was then given a piece of paper that I cannot use with a small order,and as it runs out this year anyway I can't even carry it over to purchases that I might have made next Spring.

I feel I have been conned and robbed.

Thompson and Morgan  you are not playing fair.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Thompson and Morgan credit note not honoured
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:48:21 »
did u call them and complain??

what were u looking for?

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 12:26:57 »
As you say Jeannine, the credit note was in place of stock they did not have, not as promotional offer. Although they may say that the freebie offer was promotional and thats what you have instead? Pushing it a bit if they do though aren't they. Try ringing them again quoting Shops and Services Act. They've offered it under false pretences and should then send you something free to value of £3.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:52:20 »
It's common practice for companies not to allow more than one promotional 'offer' to be set against a purchase.  If you try using your £3 coupon for a 'non-promotional' purchase, I should think you'd be OK.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 13:17:12 »
Jill it was credit not, it says that right on it.it also says it can be redeemed against any purchases.  I was on the phone with them, they said they could take it AND the encentive £5 voucher if the order was bigger!!
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal