Author Topic: christines garden  (Read 6309 times)

Slug_killer

• Acre
  • I wanna be a slug.
Re: christines garden
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2007, 23:38:02 »
Gardeners World is dull dull dull. 

I've lost all interest in GW these days - its just far too remote. Who has long borders? who has a whopping great pond/lake? Can you buy Berryfields no. 2 @ B&Q ? Who builds a show garden?

CG is about everyday garderners doing everyday jobs.
When Santa's about, just hoe-hoe-hoe

David K

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2007, 09:36:35 »

You speak for yourself of course? If my garden were like Christine's, I would dig a hole and bury it!   :'(

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2007, 14:55:57 »

You speak for yourself of course? If my garden were like Christine's, I would dig a hole and bury it!   :'(

Rotavated first of course? LOL!

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 13:08:41 »
I don't know how you can call her an everyday gardener doing everyday jobs, how many of us could, or could afford to cover our gardens with 50 bags of compost delivered, and no doubt purchased from one of the most expensive garden centres in the country.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 16:31:35 »
I don't know how you can call her an everyday gardener doing everyday jobs, how many of us could, or could afford to cover our gardens with 50 bags of compost delivered, and no doubt purchased from one of the most expensive garden centres in the country.

I too thought it was a bit extravagant, using brand new potting compost to mulch with. I tend to use spent potting compost as a mulch!

That said it it probably cheaper to buy in bulk and it probably came from a wholesaler rather than a garden centre.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 16:41:06 »
That said it it probably cheaper to buy in bulk and it probably came from a wholesaler rather than a garden centre.

certainly a novel way of using a household removal company......not for Ower Christine, then, an arm and a leg from the local garden centre for a local delivery - kerbside only :-\

Mind you, with her arms and legs, that'd be no probs...(and yep! still envious :-[)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 17:08:38 »
You know I consider myself quite fit and strong (wirth arms a bit like Popeye from all the stuff i have to lug around the garden - Lol), but i couldnt throw a great big (80 litre?) bag of compost of me shoulder like christine did in the programme (knowing my luck if i tried it i'd do my shoulder in!). She must be a pretty strong lass!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 18:24:05 »

I don't envy you your real world!!
oh dear mr R it,s a good job we are not in nieghbouring allotment plots the more i watch her the more i see that i am the bristolian christine  ::) big difference is i brought up a family instead of being educated. i do things like star at tree,s dance in rain and dig in the heat
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 20:08:14 »
Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if we all took time out to gaze at trees etc. My latest gazing activity is.............watching tadpoles!
Anyway, lucky old Christine to have a job that she absolutely loves - how many of us can really say that?

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 21:13:52 »

Anyway, lucky old Christine to have a job that she absolutely loves - how many of us can really say that?

Totally agree  :)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal