Author Topic: christines garden  (Read 6240 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: christines garden
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 11:05:08 »
Don't want to be unkind, but somehow think if Victoria Wood was doing a sketch about a gardening lady, Christine would be it!  :-\ busy_lizzie

I'd take that as a compliment!! Then again i'm a bit odd. Still, poor Christine. Don't think she cares much for the title of fav presenter, just gardening. Many like her can be found in Bolton and surrounding area. Tek her as you find her or bog off i think is the attitude.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 14:24:30 »
What I really do like is that she is a gardener who gardens at home...no greenhouse, you noticed that? no polytunnel, no carefully raked, stone-free soil to work with. Grows from seeds indoors & brings the plants on in the kitchen....sounds familiar? 8)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 16:51:50 »
I watch her programme because her tips are good. I do find her a bit irritating and I can't stand all the close ups of her face lol. I don't need to see her nose in detail thanks. Why do programme makers do that? Urgh stop it now!!!!

I'm interested in what she is doing with the railway embankment. Think she is brilliant there. I like to see her garden and hear her talk about it.

Agree with Lish about the way she speaks to Reg sometimes. It makes me cringe. I did call her a lazy moo when she cut down Reg's tree last week, then left him to clear up on his own. Now I'm admitting to talking to the television.

(Hoo hoo, hee hee, screech ,scream, jumping up and down in Christine type fashion.)

;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 17:01:50 »

No offence taken, I think it probably represents her fan base!
quits   can,t get this quote thing right perhaps you,v got a point ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 20:10:18 »
theothermarg ooooo just got your name. Just a tad slow there oops.
No Iam not a great Christine fan. Have watched a programme or two but dunno now if Monty had been her next door neighbour maybe............
Marigold

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 23:04:23 »
i,v got a confession to make, don,t watch many gardening progs as OH isn,t keen and hogs the remote but just as the last series finished a friendly couple on our site said that there was a lovely woman on tv that reminded them of me!! so i had to watch didn,t i, well i always was, well shall i say plain thats being kind to me also have a generous nose (and rear) i,m quite smiley and chatty thought i,d kept the fact that i,m completly mad under wraps can,t help wondering  i wish it was her gardening knowledge thats for sure   so of course i like cuz some thing of her is like me :-\
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

I wish I could garden !

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 23:46:36 »
I saw some bits of the first series but missed a lot of it; the shows I've seen this time made me laugh and want to get out there and do something to rectify my own very overgrown garden !

Reg is brilliant ! I want to see more of him, I'm sure he knows what he's doing !

I loved the pictures of the steam train, it'll be great to see what she does there, although I think I'm going to miss the next episode :(

She may be a bit excentric - and loud ! - but she's a lot more fun than the other gardening programs on tv, even if she can be a bit bossy at times !

Better a bossy Christine than Monty 'public schoolboy' Don I say ! Thank goodness tv doesn't always follow the 'accepted' gardeing structure !

Woooo woooooo.......

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 09:29:04 »
I wasnt sure about Christine when i saw her in the first series - found her accent a bit impenetrable, but now i have got used to that, I really like her and the programme. Knowledge able and entertaining - a great combination.

I think Reg is great too. Kind of chap i wouldn't mind having as a neighbour (dont talk to me about neighbours - argh!) . Could help him out in his garden just like christine does.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 09:24:29 »
:)

loved this last night, she has a job she really enjoys and is soooo happy,

she has all the ups and downs with plants/ gardens we all have, not like 'staged' programme thats on after it.

moving plants around on the ' long boarder' for the whole programme was a complete waste of time, grow something Monty!! /shades x
grow your own way

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 09:56:09 »
I really like her programme - it's a change from Gardeners world as it's not organised and they show a bit of everything. I also like the way she is using her own garden - unlike monty, carol etc. who film in berryfields. I agree with angle shades about last nights GW - I got very bored watching Monty move plants around...I think GW is starting to slip a little

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 14:14:38 »
I really like her programme - it's a change from Gardeners world as it's not organised and they show a bit of everything. I also like the way she is using her own garden - unlike monty, carol etc. who film in berryfields. I agree with angle shades about last nights GW - I got very bored watching Monty move plants around...I think GW is starting to slip a little

Yep, Gw is very staged these days. All set piece gardening projects and little real gardening. Still watchable though, but there are only so many times I want to be shown how to plant things!

I do miss the days of Alan, where, OK he had his set piece projects, but most of the time you felt you were following someone spending the day doing jobs in their garden - just like you'd do yourself. I liked that. You dont get that feel these days

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 16:12:21 »
i think it,s because it comes across as being real! i really enjoyed last nights and it left me feeling happy :) a bit later on i found myself thinking we could do with that thunderstorm and then remembered it was in CG so it was that real to me  ;D
one thing ? are we to believe those children planted on unprepared ground or did
i miss something?  havn,t seen GW yet so can,t comment
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 17:08:44 »
theothermarg ~ you do look like her and you sound like a lovely person, just as i expect she is!!! x
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 21:22:04 »
What I really do like is that she is a gardener who gardens at home...no greenhouse, you noticed that? no polytunnel, no carefully raked, stone-free soil to work with. Grows from seeds indoors & brings the plants on in the kitchen....sounds familiar? 8)

I have to agree with you, she is an example to us all :)  Choo Choo  ;D
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 22:11:29 »
Yes, I like that side of the programme- real gardening, but I'm afraid she doe sget on my nerves after a while! Still, the world would be a very boring place if we all thought the same..

David K

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 17:45:24 »
i think it,s because it comes across as being real!
marg

I don't envy you your real world!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 17:53:44 »
Wish I could shoulder a big bag of compost like she does, tho, and march up the garden. Dead envious. But why did I end up humming 'The Happy Wanderer' afterwards? ::)  ;D

David K

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 18:55:18 »
Wish I could shoulder a big bag of compost like she does, tho, and march up the garden. Dead envious. But why did I end up humming 'The Happy Wanderer' afterwards? ::)  ;D

You'll be saying she's fit next!  :o

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 20:31:26 »
fit or 'fit' ?  :o

Go on, hands up....who'd like to wake up to Christine every morning ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 22:35:06 »
Oh Lish!  :P  Trust you to lower the tone!  ;)

Gardeners World is dull dull dull.  She is mind numbingly entertaining.  Easy to watch whilst I am eating my tea in front of the box and chatting to the old man.  Doesn't need your undivided attention.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal