Author Topic: my new toy  (Read 1352 times)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
my new toy
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:43:30 »
here it is, in all its glory!
it still smells vaguely of chickens, but at least it won't rot or rust ;)

I'm thinking of painting it a nice dark green and growing a couple of climbers up it (suggestions for climbers that don't mind a bit of shade very gratefully received!), adding a bit of guttering and a couple of water butts.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 11:45:48 by norfolklass »

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: my new toy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:09:51 »
Spruce!

If it had clear roofing, it could double as a growing place? Assuming that you had means of shading against sunlight fading & overheating.

Chickens? Not solid, nor liquid, but airborne fertiliser?

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 12:31:14 »
Neat, and twice as big as ours - I've got shed envy ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 13:28:46 »
brilliant, what size is it, I bet you can't wait to fill it with something, grow a fig over it, or a grape, they'll go up fr a bit of sun  :)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 13:39:17 »
it's just slightly deeper from front to back than I can reach with my fingertips so about 5', and about 8' wide.
it also came with lots of hibernating lacewings and ladybirds tucked up in the roof ;D

I've already moved in all the rubbish useful things that I've been saving up in the spare room: shelves, carrier bags full of empty 2 litre water bottles, bamboo canes, pots, an old table that I always knew would come in useful one day... just need to find a free/cheap chair and I'm all set!

thanks manics for the suggestions, I quite fancy a fig – will have a google and find out some more info. in the plan in my head, the slightly shady end of the plot where the shed is will be the bit reserved for "sitting and enjoying". OH said he might even come down if we can set up the old camping stove for tea :o

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 13:44:18 »
that's what we did, now we eat our beans on toast next to our shed, wonderful , enjoy it  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 13:46:38 »
careful now...

.. we had a smaller one of these on our plot and in the wind it was lifted dispite being on a concret base with the bolts going into the concret.

Looks like the wind warped the shape, the wind got in and ripped it off the base.

I would brase the inside.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal