Author Topic: What made you start a lottie?  (Read 9021 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: What made you start a lottie?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2007, 14:29:52 »
If that is you with the gardening tool,mmmmmmmmmmmm
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2007, 16:34:10 »
I have always been into cooking and have been growing some veg in the garden for a while. I am generally pretty busy with work (teaching). I also play in a brass band and we have lots of rehearsals and up to about 30 engagements a year. I really felt I was spending all my time between band, work and the computer and it was driving me crazy. I always fancied a plot so I thought why not? Also my other half is not a bandsperson and it gives us something to work at together. My other half has lost the committment that he used to have to going to the gym. So this exercise can replace that too! All in all it has been a good step for both of us  :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2007, 21:02:24 »
helped fill a vast hole when the missus left.

I hope you didn't put the missus down the hole!

Vegemite

• Quarter Acre
  • Just got my first plot!
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2007, 23:12:08 »
right there with you Jeannine! (sorry dh!) but spyros- is this what a lottie does for one's physique? maybe i should be more active in encouraging dh to join in when the time comes and we get our plot!

another reason for having one......... no need to keep everything looking spic and span and matching and scrubbed and everything a mum with a young kid and pedantic husband gets annoyed by!

sawfish- can i please have the plot next to you? you are just what i dream my allotment site will be made up of!! ;D
Allotment Virgin!
Thirty-something Mum of one just taken on an allotment needing lots of work after a twelve month wait. Let the fun begin!

weedgrower

• Half Acre
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2007, 13:19:13 »
what started me of was i went to a friends allotment and thought it was good. whilst having dinner i was discussing this with my brother in law who was also interested. we decided to go into it together. we bought a plot together, he came down 3 times and that was it.and now the plot is mine. all mine. i'm the boss. no one tells me what to do.if i fail then it is my fault and no one elses. so i suppose one of the reasons i like having a plot is that its something i own on my own. i have had a plot for 4 years now and each year i have got more into it. i love going down and just pottering. just doing little jobs. i also love the sdocial side of it. if you go down for 4 hours you might only get 3 hours work done and 1 hour just going round having a chat, chewing the cud. its talking to like minded people about a common interest. i suppose the bonus is the veg that we eat. its all organic. its great planting a seed, watching it grow, planting it out, feeding it, looking after it , picking it and then eating it. theres nothing better on a warm summers day than going down plot, doing a bit of work, having the crack and then sitting down reading the paper eating freshly picked warm strawberry's and half a bucket of peas. heaven just heaven. you really cant beat it. the only thing you have to watch out for is that it doesnt take over your life as it so easily can do. keep on plotting-weedgrower
takes over your life doesn't it

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal