Author Topic: guinea pig hutch  (Read 1615 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
guinea pig hutch
« on: March 27, 2007, 21:24:36 »
my sister wants ray to make a hutch for her two guinea pigs..does anyone have the dimensions for it, she already has a run and wants to put them outside for the summer  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: guinea pig hutch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 09:48:14 »
Hi Manic go to the rabbitts united site and look on there. If you cannot find what you are looking for then ask them. It's a wonderful site. They helped me to exchange one of my bunnies cos they didn't get on. They do a lot of rescue work and are experts at knowing what these small anomals need,
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 16:03:35 »
thanks, shirlton, I'll do that.. ;D

knbsallotment

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 19:36:14 »
Depends on the breed of guinea, how much space she has available etc. They need somewhere dark and fairly small to run and hide, as they are wimps, and they do have weak hearts. It's all to easy to scare them to death if they have nowhere to hide. They prefer a hidey hole full of hay to hide in, as then they can burrow. Never use straw with guinea pigs, as they can scratch their eyes, and for the males, little bits of straw can get stuck in their 'bits' which is nasty.

The more space you can make available in the hutch the better, as long as they have, as I said, a nice small dark area for hiding and sleeping.

Any guinea small animal advice - feel free to ask! Have kept all kinds of varieties for many years, including guineas, rats, gerbils, hamsters, bunnies etc. Ask away!
Looking from the outside in...

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 19:43:21 »
thanks, knb..she is a member of the forum but doesn't come on here regularly, I'll e mail her and tell her, thanks  ;D

just rang, she's going to have a look after
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 19:45:36 by manicscousers »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal