Author Topic: Hello all! Wee update  (Read 1817 times)

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
Hello all! Wee update
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:18:19 »
Sorry haven't been around a few weeks. My enthusiasm hasn't died off fortunately. :) Have some pics but need to get them off the camera first. A couple weekends ago some friends helped me chop more of my bramble and we had a bonfire which was wonderful! Fire really freaks me out though so I stood by nervously the whole time with a bucket, heehee. Fortunately (for my sanity) the fire was contained in the old compost bin that has finally been found in the woods... my friends are so great, we've actually now officially cleared half the plot of bramble!  ;D (not the roots yet though, alas)

I've been patiently waiting since then because of all the sage advice on here about possible late March frosts. You guys are brilliant! So thanks for that, I would probably have lost a bunch of stuff otherwise in my eagerness.

Another friend gave me some free flower seeds today so I'll add them to the flower bed. Looks like Azaleas and er, don't know. They say "Sommerazalee" (azaleenschau einjahrig underneath) - so guessing their annuals - and the others are "Tagetes" (with 'bonita Mischung einjahrig underneath). My German can do a citybreak in Berlin but doesn't extend to translating seed packets.  :P

Anyway, just missed you all here on the forum and wanted to say 'hi'. I should be working now so will try to post a piccie of the plot later.

Ta,
Tina.

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: Hello all! Wee update
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:28:53 »
Think they mean:
"Sommerazalee" (azaleenschau einjahrig underneath) - Summer annual azaleas
"Tagetes" (with 'bonita Mischung einjahrig underneath) - Tagetes which are marigolds, bonita mixture
Best of luck!

timelady

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 16:12:07 »
Thanks! I was pretty sure the latter were marigolds from the picture but didn't want to show my complete ignorance in case I was wrong. :) The azaleas are a pink/bright pink mixture and the marigolds are yellow/orange mixture so a nice splash of colour.

Hoping to get out to the plot this Sunday to check on things.

Tina.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 21:48:38 »
having watched GW tonight, i am almost convinced that i've started everything off FAR too early lol.

can't wait to see your pics timelady !

the OH is singularly unimpressed when I mention the new lottie (haven't even got it yet but he can tell i'm excited).  i think i'm going to have to buy some friends roflmao
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 20:45:54 »
only just got 'sick' computer back, thought this was an update about pee on the compost heap for a minute  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 00:17:59 »
You are obsessed manics!  :o
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:49:37 »
ray's prostrate's not what it used to be  ;D ;D

timelady

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 12:12:02 »
Pee eh?  :o Well, being a mountain biker I have no aversion to having a pitstop in the middle of bushes if need be. (hey, needs must) Maybe I should leave some of those brambles up around the compost bin. ;)

Tina.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal