Author Topic: free black flower buckets  (Read 23750 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: free black flower buckets
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2007, 19:39:56 »
Mikey, eh kid, you don't arf grovel good, your Mum brought up right proper I can tell.

I think us Yorkshire gals are great, and you Southern fellas  as well,(have to say that as many of my ancestors are from Binbrook) it's that lot to the East I worry about, you know that lot that don't have a good bridge. Mind you they have some good lights in one or two places. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2007, 19:47:05 »
[maniscousers that started all this .....

TTFN

don't blame me  ;D ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2007, 20:00:37 »
the honours must go to Alishka Maxwell (Lish) I think she was first to name our free (sometimes) Black, degradeable, planting receptacles as  Buckits  ...

the Lady Alishka, aka Lish, now self renamed as Hyacynth, takes a gracious bow and gives a regal wave...

(regal wave smiley wanted please Dan)

8)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2007, 20:09:38 »
the honours must go to Alishka Maxwell (Lish) I think she was first to name our free (sometimes) Black, degradeable, planting receptacles as  Buckits  ...

the Lady Alishka, aka Lish, now self renamed as Hyacynth, takes a gracious bow and gives a regal wave...

(regal wave smiley wanted please Dan)

8)

Oh bottoms .... what have I done ........  there will be no holding her now

Your Majesty, your every wish is my command ... (aye, that'll be reet Jimmy)

Nite Nite,  coward now off to bed  ;D

North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2007, 05:35:56 »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2007, 15:15:56 »
Mrs KP,

posting at 05:35 hrs ....... is that you just coming home from a fantastic Whey -- Hey night out  ??

In this household, now staffed by retirees  ;D anything earlier than 07:00 hrs is yesterday

finished with this rising before the Sparrows lark  ;D ;D

PS is it daylight at 05:35 hrs ??

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007, 12:48:12 »
Mikey's Buckit Saga continues ....

visited 'Sunny Scunny' (Scunthorpe) yesterday for planning meeting with Head Gardener Jack  ;D

There is a huge Morrison's store on the Eastern A18 entry to the town ....  so, thought pop in and get a few more Buckits (remembering how hepful the Lad was in Morrison's Lincoln)

Aaaaaaaagh foiled, their flowers are in small square Buckits about 6 inch square at the top.

Next time we are in Lincoln ..............

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2007, 17:13:28 »
someone's been leaking info about us to them, it's a plot to make us BUY buckets  ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2007, 18:51:31 »
Mrs KP,

posting at 05:35 hrs ....... is that you just coming home from a fantastic Whey -- Hey night out  ??

In this household, now staffed by retirees  ;D anything earlier than 07:00 hrs is yesterday

finished with this rising before the Sparrows lark  ;D ;D

PS is it daylight at 05:35 hrs ??

i was positive i'd answered you mikey but obviously not ....... blame the alzheimers on the age as well as the early rising.

trouble is, once i'm coming to, my mind starts kicking in and i just CAN'T get back to sleep.  as long as i've had a few good hours deep sleep, that's me awake.  ruddy nuisance if her upstairs or them next door start their antics at silly o'clock.  mind you, i crash out about about 10pm  8)

indeed, dawn has just about broken at that time of the morning and the birdies come out to play not long after.

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2007, 00:12:48 »
I had a call last night from the nice lady (MO) at Asda. She had been saving me the flower BUCKITS for a week. When I got there I was surprised when the chap wheeled out a huge trolley full. I counted them up today (between showers) and they gave me 158  :o. All different shapes and sizes. I'm thrilled. Will be more than enough for several summers to come.
I will be planting several with different herbs to give to family and friends.
Thanks for the tip off that they were available free. I would never have known, just like the chaps IN Asda...They didn't know either.
Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2007, 05:29:53 »
I'd say you got a result !  Well done you.  Well done ASDA !

;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2007, 09:54:16 »
I asked my daughter to get me some last year after I'd got some myself from asda and they charged her. My Tony goes into the local Tesco garage almost every day for bread and such and has got quite friendly with the young women in there. One of them was taking a bucket through to the back and when he asked what she was gonna do with it "throw it away" she said. He told her to throw it his way. She did no more than empty another 2 and gave him them. Also said she would be saving them for him. Hope he don't come back with 158 of the buggers though. lol ::)
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 13:53:28 »
I tried sainsburys on saturday, they said thatthey were not for the public, they are returned to their warehouse for recycling!!
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

jo9919

« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2007, 21:07:05 »
I've tried all over. It's been a big NO in Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Asda, Co-Op and Tesco     >:( >:( >:( >:(

Joanne.

pye

• Half Acre
  • Little plot of London clay
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2007, 23:35:04 »
Jo try your local florist, mine flogs me 10 buckits for a quid.
You been goofin' with the bees?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal