Author Topic: free black flower buckets  (Read 23754 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: free black flower buckets
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 07:44:06 »
Don't be harsh on us penshners Sheepish for stockpiling all the available buckits in the country. It's a throwback to the days of rationing. Old habits die hard ;D

Wonder who it was tho.....shurely gotta be one of us?

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 08:24:25 »
... called in local Co-Op ... was given 9 Buckits free ... a big smile ... more, please

Was this the Co-op on Tritton Rd, the road they don't just dig up once, or even twice, where traffic cones spend there annual holiday ?

Only last month I cursed when I arrived at Asda to see two very nice men loading a pensioners car with more buckits than I've had hot dinners. If only I'd been five minutes earlier !

This Co-Op not in Lincoln, don't want to say where, the Buckit supply may end  ;D

I like your Tritton Rd. cone comment, maybe Town/City Councils buy 'holes in the road' as job lots ??? they are delivered in bulk and you fit them into your roadways where they can cause most chaos and delay, during weekdays at the most busy periods
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 15:00:54 »
This Co-Op not in Lincoln, don't want to say where, the Buckit supply may end
Oh dash! Didn't think of that, Good One Mikey 8)....peeps, if I ever said that my FREE supply came from the Co-op in Stirchley.........

I lied ::)

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2007, 16:41:47 »
another use for the Buckits ...............

There was an old man from Nantucket
Who kept all his Dosh in a Bucket.
When his daughter, named Nan
ran away with a man,
she picked up the bucket and took it

Boom Boom

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 09:17:15 »
 ;D ;D ;D

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 19:47:45 »
;D

went in my local Co-Op today and asked about the flower buckits, as I didn't want to appear greedy I only took 5 (free of charge) and was told 'are you sure this is all you want? we have loads' ;D ;D

I'm going   in again tomorrow ;)/ shades x
grow your own way

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2007, 21:45:54 »
;D

went in my local Co-Op today and asked about the flower buckits, as I didn't want to appear greedy I only took 5 (free of charge) and was told 'are you sure this is all you want? we have loads' ;D ;D

I'm going   in again tomorrow ;)/ shades x

Is this the Co-Op on Tritton Rd.    ;) ;)

it better not be my 'secret' Co-Op .... or there will be trouble   .... no Poaching allowed  ;D ;D 

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2007, 22:24:04 »
Last week in our local co-op, a really tiny one, I asked about black buckets & was told they were thrown away.  I asked them to save them for me which they agreed to do.  Went back at the weekend & they gave me 5 & said the manager had put up a notice to stop staff throwing them away & I could have them all - about one a day so maybe 300 in a year!   Even more than I can use so i shall give them to people & maybe offer them on Freecycle if I get too many.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2007, 09:04:20 »
;D

mikey, NO not on Tritton rd

I have a 'secret' Co-Op too :P

It was soooo windy here yesterday,image the scene my buckits blowing out of my hand, me chasing them down Lincoln High St ( thats a clue ;)) wine carrier in the other hand, I retrieved them all!

no wine was spilt!

nothing comes between a girl and her black buckits!!/shades x

grow your own way

sallyann

• Not So New ...
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:50 »
I just went and asked at my local ASDA and the nice lady gave me 4 (by rearranging the flowers on display) for free and offered to save me some tomorrow. I said I would just drop in and see another time though as I am not sure exactly what I will do with them?!

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 15:37:33 »
;D

mikey, NO not on Tritton rd

I have a 'secret' Co-Op too :P

It was soooo windy here yesterday,image the scene my buckits blowing out of my hand, me chasing them down Lincoln High St ( thats a clue ;)) wine carrier in the other hand, I retrieved them all!

no wine was spilt!

nothing comes between a girl and her black buckits!!/shades x

Hee hee .... are we mad or what ?

super clue, will not tell anyone ... very easy to get there by Bus  ;) ;)

My Co-Op saga continues, it seems to depend who is on duty, went in today and 'friendly/helpful' person not about (probably been fired for being helpful  :P ;)) was told that they charge 25p a buckit and the proceeds go to charity .... told them I was most certainly a Charity, old, wrinkly, can't chase girls anymore (well actually I can chase e'm very slowly, but I don't catch em anymore, even those of my own age ;D)  .... no joy.
Oh well, fun while it lasted.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2007, 19:47:40 »
:)

Mikey, it may not be the Co-Op you are thinking about ;) try again :P

went in and got 11 buckits today ;D (FOC)

the three buckits with flowers in them have got my name on them ;D

Love the Co-Op me! they also save cardboard for me / shades x
grow your own way

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2007, 21:59:43 »

Mikey, it may not be the Co-Op you are thinking about ;) try again :P

went in and got 11 buckits today ;D (FOC)

the three buckits with flowers in them have got my name on them ;D

Love the Co-Op me! they also save cardboard for me / shades x

are you by any chance related to "Nan" in the limerick above ???

anuvver Co-Op ..... oi doant knew aboot 'im

anyway Bo**oms to the Co-Op, from today I am a Morrisons fan

nite nite all

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2007, 20:20:26 »

If you are ever my way Mikey let me know, I will share my buckits ;D/ shades x
grow your own way

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2007, 20:34:12 »
Well I joined the bucketeers today. I went to Tesco and asked for the school project, I was told now they are square they recycle them but.... come back tomorrow and I think I will be able ot find you some. I am off to Asda tomorrow. There is a Morrisons 8 miles from me, might try there on Saturday. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2007, 17:21:39 »

If you are ever my way Mikey let me know, I will share my buckits ;D/ shades x

Angle Shades,

what a wonderful kind person you are !!!! If things get any more dire in this part of the County, I may be relying on you for my Buckit fix.

All kidding apart, am truly 'off' the Co-Op they can't seem to make their minds up at my local branch.
Am happy to pay Morrisons 99p for 8 Buckits (even though they are a 'foreign' firm  ;) ;D)

We Imps and Poachers need to stick together ...... that mob North of the River are getting in on the Buckit project ..... beware

Demolish the bridge, close our borders, independence for God's County !!!

To the Barricades  ...... fade in theme music Le Miserables

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2007, 18:10:24 »
I have just googled buckits. We are famous, now we have to write to the oxford dictionary and get  'buckits' entered as a new word.

BUCKITS  buck- its  Free flower buckets from supermarkets, used by allomenteers in the know.  recycled b. biodegradable b.  black coloured b. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2007, 18:50:59 »
Mikey, shame on you, that lot north of the river indeed. do you mean the sophisticated North bank folks from 'ull.

I is a lady I is, and I don't arf fancy a good buckit or two.

I just might pay my bridge toll and pop over to your side and get my buckits from your shop so there!!!!!

Barricades, you can't keep a good Yorkshire woman out , not when she's on a buckit mission

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2007, 18:58:19 »
I have just googled buckits. We are famous, now we have to write to the oxford dictionary and get  'buckits' entered as a new word.

BUCKITS  buck- its  Free flower buckets from supermarkets, used by allomenteers in the know.  recycled b. biodegradable b.  black coloured b. 

Wowee ..... fame at last

the honours must go to Alishka Maxwell (Lish) I think she was first to name our free (sometimes) Black, degradeable, planting receptacles as  Buckits  ...

but correct me if I am wrong ...... (it has been known  ;D)

The downside --------  will this put up the price of Buckits ??

The upside ------ are we (or some of us, like OliveOil in the South of this fair County, she of 150 Buckits  ;D) going to be rich ??

We should be told
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 19:57:11 by mikey »

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2007, 19:11:22 »
Mikey, shame on you, that lot north of the river indeed. do you mean the sophisticated North bank folks from 'ull.

I is a lady I is, and I don't arf fancy a good buckit or two.

I just might pay my bridge toll and pop over to your side and get my buckits from your shop so there!!!!!

Barricades, you can't keep a good Yorkshire woman out , not when she's on a buckit mission

XX Jeannine

Ma'am, so sorry, why do you think I meant you  :P :P ;D

do you mean the sophisticated North bank folks from 'ull....
Nope  ;)

I is a lady I is, and I don't arf fancy a good buckit or two....
let's not go there  ;)

I just might pay my bridge toll and pop over to your side and get my buckits from your shop so there!!!!!   ....
you need to save up your pennies, every time I cross the bu**er I think I have bought shares in it.
My shop ? you are welcome to it .... I have a generous new friend in Lincoln who is going to share with me if I am ever in Buckit distress

Barricades, you can't keep a good Yorkshire woman out , not when she's on a buckit mission   ......

If they (Yorkie Gels) have made their mind up about anything, you can't keep em out ....
My dearly beloved, beautiful, kind, caring OH (I wish she read A4A) is 1/2 'ull and 1/2 Grimsby, myself I am a Meggie, pure as the driven slush  ;)

Please Jeannine can we be friends ?? 
what about that lot to the West of the Pennines ??  (let's open it up a bit hee hee) in fact is was Maniscousers that started all this .....

TTFN

PS have an Honours Degree in Grovelling and Bsc in Cowardice and a strange wish to live ..........   ;)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 19:14:39 by mikey »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal