Author Topic: Another online seeds shop....  (Read 1456 times)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Another online seeds shop....
« on: March 30, 2007, 14:21:17 »
.... I think I need an second job to fund my addiction to buying seeds!  Just found this site..

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/

Has anyone used them before?  Got some quite nice selections, especially the herb section - Balm of Gilead and Good King Henry to name two of the slightly more obscure varieties.  Postage reasonable too - 90p for orders under 150g.

:)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: Another online seeds shop....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 15:09:39 »
Balm of Gilead  sounds as if it the name of an Old Testament prophet - do you know what it can be used for?

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 15:23:17 »
Tried Good King Henry last year in a seed bed - none germinated. the supplier, Chiltern seeds had this to say.......

"With regard to the Good King Henry, these should be started off in the warmth and, as with all Chenopodiaceae, germination is likely to be slow and irregular and could take many months.   We would certainly never advise sowing the seeds directly into the ground as we feel the extremely high losses that can be expected are far too high and we would recommend starting these off indoors in seed trays/pots."

... and sent me a free new packet to try again! Nice people  :)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 15:45:29 »
Tin Shed - can't remember off the top of my head, but it has it in the Veg and Herb book by Dr.Hessayon, I have that at home so will check later.

BarnOwl, how nice of them!  Bet you wouldn't get that from mnay other companies..

:)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal