General > Bargains Galore

Free 'spent' coffee ground

<< < (2/3) > >>

markfield rover:
I use it as a combination .anti slug /mulch/conditioner (because i'm worth it)
also ,it does not alter ph of soil, i think Starbucks have it on their web site
smells nice too!

Amazin:
I thought it was slightly acidic? I've always saved it for my blueberries, and some for the citrus fruit. Seems to work well for those.

Rosyred:

Grounds for Your Garden

Coffee grounds can provide a valuable source of nutrition for your garden.

Let Starbucks help your garden grow Coffee grounds can provide a valuable source of nutrition for your garden if used properly. The proper amount to be used depends on the condition of the soil and, more specifically, what you are growing in your garden. Check with your local gardening expert to see what is best for your situation. Here are a few general tips.

Applying coffee grounds directly in the garden Coffee grounds can be applied along with other materials as a side dressing for vegetables, roses, and other plants. Coffee grounds are high in nitrogen, but are also acidic. Adding brown material such as leaves and dried grass to the mulch will help keep a balanced soil pH.

Mixing coffee grounds in your compost Coffee grounds act as a green material with a carbon-nitrogen (C-N) ratio of 20-1. They make an excellent addition to your compost. Combined with browns such as leaves and straw, coffee grounds generate heat and will speed up the composting process.

Using coffee grounds in a worm bin: Worms fed with coffee grounds combined with other materials will flourish.

Jeannine:
On our lottie we get delivered huge big bags of tea dregs/powder, It comes in huge big plastic sacks the size and shape of a wooden pallet,4x4x4 roughly. I have never bought one and was wondering of anyone had experience with it. XX Jeannine

Hyacinth:
First I heard of Starbucks + coffee grounds was when SS told us, way back when.... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version