Author Topic: The agony of choice! Which one to choose?  (Read 5667 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: The agony of choice! Which one to choose?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 22:36:46 »
yes more power..

the solution to the drinkin on the job is dont brink the alcohol till the work is done!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 23:11:57 »
Dont forget the single use BBQ. Your helpers will need their energy if you want to keep 'em going all day....
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 13:27:23 »
Can I be devils advocate(?) take them both (?) then if the bramble mess is too much you can grow somethings on the other and if you break it you can move nearer home and if you don't you have a lottie to fall back on... several of our kenn newvbies find one standard plot too small once they get their teeth into it!
 ::)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 14:00:14 »
Can I be devils advocate(?) take them both (?) then if the bramble mess is too much you can grow somethings on the other and if you break it you can move nearer home and if you don't you have a lottie to fall back on... several of our kenn newvbies find one standard plot too small once they get their teeth into it!
 ::)

I'm afraid I agree with that (she who has name down for 2nd plot....!) ;D

It seems like a huge space once cleared, but it soon fills up......!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 19:27:28 »
It was you I had in mind Deb... must brush up on my typing... how many mistakes in that post!
 ;D

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 01:42:44 »
I think saddad's idea of taking both has a lot to recommend it.

Thinking of the brambly site, I know we try to be natural gardeners but brambles are very hard to clear by hand or even mechanically. I had to go down over 2 ft for one this morning, but luckily we have light soil.

It's a good size site so, for at least some of it, I'd suggest taking out the brambles a few inches above ground, then hitting them with SBK. This should clear them but although it's systemic, SBK stays in the soil for six to eight weeks so you'd have to start and maintain some plants off site in order not to miss peak planting season this year or reserve the patch for June/july planting varieties.

You could clear part by machine/hand and  get a bit chemical on another bit and  see how each turns out - use the best method for the rest later in the year.

clondalkingardener

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 13:48:51 »
If I had a choice I would go for the nearest one brambles can always wate for another day a car drive is just too much hassle. Good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal