Author Topic: Supersprout memorial seeds - pass the parcel  (Read 5215 times)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
Re: Supersprout memorial seeds - pass the parcel
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 17:52:17 »
please count me in for part 2 if possible. i'd love to have something growing that came from ss. a wonderful idea oo. x

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 18:09:53 »
Top idea OO count me in for part 2. :-* ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 18:28:43 »
I'd be up for part 2 - sounds like a lovely idea. :)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 13:02:01 »
Just to clarify... could all part oners pm me... I'll get round to part 2 ers when part one is sorted.

or you can email me

ejgardiner

at

hotmail

dot

com

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 18:41:12 »
would love to do something but have got too many seeds so do not want to waste any but if we can do it next year please count me in then

BB :)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 17:52:10 »
I think it's a great idea.  Although I only started last summer and have yet to plant the runner beans that SS sent me, I hope they do well so I can pass some on next year. (My bean bed is already covered in straw in anticipation.)

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 10:35:21 »
I'd be ineterested in part 2 - it'd be great to keep a little part of her in each of our gardens

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 19:35:36 »
I really have to step in here folks....sorry :'(

Pete, we're in a unique situation here we've never experienced before....you're 13, a minor, and this is the potentially Big Bad World Wide Web..I feel that your parents should write to Dan authorising the release of you address to selected folks on this site before you give out your address to even more people than you already have.

I've thought this from the first but really do need to put my misgivings in writing here now.

Regards, Lishka

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 19:58:53 »
Lish, I stand right beside you on this one, it is a big bad world and Pete your parents should be contacted for authorisation.

I have felt uncomfortable since you sent me your address some time ago,without my asking for it,and had I had anything to send you I would certainly have contacted your parents first so they knew who I was.

If you  feel that  your parents support you with  your endeavours to become a gardener this should not  present a problem.

I am Great Grandma and constantly worry about the dangers on the net, we have some wonderful people on here and I feel sure your Mum would be grateful we  are a good bunch and are concerned.

Thanks Lish, I realise this was a difficult post to write.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 20:02:09 »
I have PM'ed both of you - I don;t want to use this board to discuss

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 20:13:10 »
Pete, I have received you PM. I feel it best considering what you said that it is better that you do not contact me privately again. Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 11:20:32 »
Hi, I still have these seeds that Supersprout sent me, there are 2x9 of two different types, do you want me to send them somewhere? XX Jeannine

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 18:46:56 »
Hi  - I've been away from the site for about a season or so, and didn't save seeds from the plants that I swapped with Supersprout.  I would really appreciate being part of part 2, but do appreciate that there will be members with more recent memories of SS.  Please count me in if you possibly can.
Ellkebe

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2007, 01:44:59 »
I would like to offer a suggestion on account of why I have not asked to be included in Part2  although I have offered some seeds for part on1 that she sent me.

I had the chance to know Supersprout for only about 2 weeks before she died, In that time I had some very sweet pm,s from her and would have loved to have had the chance to become long term friends with her. I feel it would be unfair for me  to ask for her seeds as there are bound to be only a few and yet there are many people who have known her for a long time. She sent me two lots of seeds and I had planted them on receiving them.They popped through the soil the  day she died, I have the balance of them which I will pass to the organiser for the parcel.

It seems to me that if there is a lot of people who want to go into this pass the parcel it may be prudent to send the parcel to those folks who knew her well and for people like myself who are new to the forum to pass on this one, perhaps we could get seeds from the veggies that the first folks plant this year,a  2nd Generation  pass the parcel fro the newbies among us.

I have no problem with this and it would give me something to look forward to next year about this time.

I maybe preaching to the converted as you may all have known her along time.Perhaps I am the only one who did not.

Thank you for reading my post,

XX Jeannine

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 07:59:54 »
Now that's a good idea.

cj :)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 16:35:56 »
Hi All

I've not disappeared HoNEST!!

My internet at home isn't working (AGAIN! gerrr) and work is so hectic.

Anyway I seem to have missed an awful lot of discussion over the past week.  My aim is to have all seeds sent to me and then pass out to group 1.  It seems that group 2 needs more consideration and thought.  I plan on sending seeds 2 weeks today (monday).

Emma

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal