Author Topic: Veg & Flower Seeds  (Read 6622 times)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: Veg & Flower Seeds
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 06:18:18 »
This is my first proper year of growing aubies (I left it too late last year and got fabby plants but no fruit).  I've got a stack of Black Beauty (but then so has everyone else).   ;D

Also got a few spare Calliope if you're interested even though they're not on your list.

Have you grown aubies before pete ? 

Looking forward to seeing your pics, I do love a good pic, me !!

;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:20:46 by MrsKP »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 07:25:54 »
You actually sound like another person who was on this site about the same time last year :-\.

Oh, well that can't have been me as I only got my account about a month ago lol

Hi Pete, I frequently come to shop in Redditch - nice shops, you should try the Pound Shop there, Aldi and Lidls too...great seeds at pocket money prices 8)

In Redditch you're definitely going to need to grow those aubies in a greenhouse. Do you have space - what size 'house do you have? How will you grow them - grow bags, ring culture? I presume your parents will stake you the price of everything you're going to need to buy? And why aubies? Does your mum have some favourite recipes you can share with us?

Thanks for the tips on shopping in Redditch - am going in on Saturday so will have a good look around. We've got a 6 x 10ft greenhouse, of which I've got half of (my dad owns the other half). I'll probably grow them in grow bags because although we left a bed in there for planting, the soil is very compacted, would require alot of work (I'm only 13!) and would need to be replaced every year. I don't get the 'I presume your parents will stake you the price of everything you're going to need to buy' - like I said earlier, I'm a bit dense today, so if you could rephrase that, that would be helpful. I decided to grow aubergines because a) me and my dad are having a competition to see who's side of the greenhouse can look nicer, and aubergines look very exotic! b) because I like the way they look in general and c) because I have never tried eating or growing aubergines before, so I though I'd give them a try and see how I get on! Sorry though, my mum doesn't have any recipes for them lol - if I find any though I'll let you know.

This is my first proper year of growing aubies (I left it too late last year and got fabby plants but no fruit).  I've got a stack of Black Beauty (but then so has everyone else).   ;D

Also got a few spare Calliope if you're interested even though they're not on your list.

Have you grown aubies before pete ? 

Looking forward to seeing your pics, I do love a good pic, me !!

;D

Thanks for the offer - someones already sending me some 'black beauty', but I'll PM you regarding the 'calliope'. Thanks all for the positive and supporting replies - I can't wait to get growing!

Pete

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 15:13:44 »
Pete I think it great that a yound person is getting very interested in gardening too and it would be great to encourage you by seeing your stuff grow from seedlings to harvest,you can get a lotin half a greenhouse that size.I would love to see your pictures.

Have you always been interested in gardening or is this your first year?

Do you have a favourite veggie that you are aiming to do especially well with?

You told me you had a corner of your Dads garden so what are you planning to grow in that.?

Oh what a lot of questions, but it is great to have a young person to ask questions of.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 16:34:08 »
I might start up a free website or blog, so everyone can keep track of me and that way I can post pictures easier. If I do, I'll post the address on a message so you'll know where to go. I have always generally been interested in gardening, but last year was my first 'main' year gardening, as I totally redesigned and made my corner of the garden. I think this year will be my 'biggest' gardening year yet. I don't really have any favourite veggies, mainly because this is my first year growing them, although I have taken a shine to all exotic and unusual looking things. In the corner of my dads garden, I'm mainly putting perrenials and seed-grown stuff from this year. I may add a few veggies to it, but it doesn't get alot of sun. Thanks :)

Pete

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 17:21:58 »
It's ever so easy to set up a blog on Blogspot, the main thing is to remember to update it once a week or so. Pictures help if you've got a digital camera, or even a decent cameraphone.

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 21:23:44 »
Yeah, I've got a digital camera. I'll probably start one with blog.co.uk. Thanks for all the advice and offers all - they are much appreciated :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 23:23:31 »
Pete I have just noticed the post in which you said you were putting flowers in you garden as it doesn't get a lot of sun for veggies,what were you going to with all my squash plants if you have nowhere suitable to plant them, I don't understand,XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 23:31:01 »
pete you might find that the school will help you with time to do your blog  :D

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 07:18:35 »
Jeannine, the squash plants would have gone in the vegetable patch in my dads garden. In that post, I was talking about my section of the garden, not the veg garden. Hope you understand now :) they might Cambourne7, but I don't think the schools serve lets us go on blog websites :(

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 07:29:05 »
Right - hae received all the seeds people have sent me now. Thankyour very much - I can't say how much I appreciate them! I'll keep in contact with you all and let you know how I get on :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 08:15:38 »
Pete, you'll get lots of advice on all the forums about growing them ;)

Looking forward to seeing the pics.....take loads. It's really thrilling seeing the progress from seedling to plant to fruit....You've a digi camera & Dan's offered to post them for you, so get seeding - and get snapping 8)

We like pictures, we do  ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 08:31:01 »
yes we do, don't we Lish !   :P  about time you got snappin missus !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 08:33:45 »
I'm a very snappy person KP......

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 08:49:19 »
Lish. Yes we had noticed ;)

Teej

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 09:57:48 »
Hi Potter Fan - replied to your PM re:herbs.

potterfanpete

• Half Acre
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 08:16:18 »
I've posted some pics on the gallery board just so everyone knos that I've been snapping!  Thanks for replying Teej

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal