Author Topic: Like/don't like  (Read 3753 times)

Wicker

• Hectare
Re: Like/don't like
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 00:41:41 »
Nice thread! No garden here only a very windy balcony with too many pots - mainly common red geraniums in the summer as they are strong, showy and cheer me up.  In the allotment I've taken over far too much ground for flowers all of which are bulbs or perennials and all of which I love but as the perfume is so important to me my favourites have to be carnations - not the showy florist ones but the old pinks and dianthus with a scent of cloves that makes my head swim.  And of course sweetpeas - again the old fashioned "smelly" ones that I happily share with the bees....... hurry up summer!!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 10:10:12 »
i am really getting a buzz from the magnolias and camelias around here at the moment. i would love a magnolia in my front garden instead of dead boats and landrover bits.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 10:16:07 »
Well - any votes for dead boats and Landrover bits?  ::) I won't hold my breath  ;D ;D ;D!

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 10:35:21 »
I dont like flowers that look false or designed, my dislike of daffodils is firstly a dislike of their shape and the fact I hate the colour yellow and secondly because they're everywhere and boring. I've never liked them.

How can you not like daffs!!  I love them, but I could be a little biased being a Welsh lass  :D  They make me smile whenever I see them, although I admit it is the wild ones I love, not so keen on all the cultivated ones as a lot of them do look too fussy.

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 12:33:00 »
I just hate yellow. Yellow flowers, cars, paint, clothes, anything yellow. Apart from the sun.

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 20:27:19 »
When I saw this I first though about my absolutely least favourite flower - marigolds. I don't know why, but I really dislike them.

Favourite flower has to be poppies, closely followed by fresias.  When I was younger I used to have an 'old type' school milk bottle, which I kept on my windowcill with fresias whenever they were for sale.  My room used to smell wonderful.  I don't know what happened to the milk bottle, but I am now growing fresias for the first time and I cannot wait to smell them again :)

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 14:52:28 »
My favorite flowers are Canna, Musa and all the Aroids. I always grow lots of Zantedschia in large pots and now have them in my new pond.

The flowers I like the least are Asters. Although there are some nice varieties, to me they are still 'railway weeds'.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 21:24:52 »
I,v gone through this thread trying to think of a favorite flower and i can,t nor can i think of one i dislike  but you can,t beat any combo in a natural looking bed the sight and smell make your senses buzz but the way people put bedding plants in neat straight lines with earth showing inbetween just makes me want to leap in
and mess it up a bit regroup them    :( >:(
marg    got to go with the snowdrops but not in neat lines ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal