Author Topic: tomatoe seeds  (Read 739 times)

paulinems

• Half Acre
    • The fly trap plants
tomatoe seeds
« on: March 07, 2007, 21:54:19 »
planted some tomatoe seeds in our pollytunnel went next day and fond mice have been looking for there acorns,they had left some in our other plants we grow during winter, they left little holes in top of pots

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: tomatoe seeds
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 22:31:48 »
Put them somewhere warm indoors - I use the water heater cupboard - until they germinate. Then keep them indoors for a bit. Mine won't be going out to the mini-greenhouse till we get some warmer weather next month.

Grant

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:55:21 »
If it is mice may some where more secure may help.
Ours have germanated on the window sill at home first.  It is south facing and has a radiator under it which does help.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 13:05:50 »
Last year I panted about 50 pots od broad beans in 3 inch pots and left them in my lottie greenhouse.They didn't germinate, eventually I started to look in the pots, no seeds, not one!! I mentioned it to someone else and they told me the mice dig them up and carry them off. I put more in the same pots and took them home in my at home greenhouse. Later on we were tidying up a big pile of pots and stuff in the lottie greenhouse and we found the beans,all lined up like soldiers in neat little rows stashed by the mice, all germinating nicely in the damp corner so I planted those in more pots and took them home too. We had so many beans that year but laughed about. I learned first hand what the mice can do. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal