Author Topic: Trail of tears..the book  (Read 825 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Trail of tears..the book
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:39:27 »
Hi, I recently decided to buy the book about the up rooting of the Cherokee  Indian nation  that took them on their trail of tears,I felt as I grew the beans   of the same name I might like to read the story. I am only part way into this book and it is an excellent read.  It is called The Trail of Tears Thought I would share this with you. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
Re: Trail of tears..the book
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 14:26:29 »
I might like to read that, will have to keep an eye out for the book. I grew the beans last year (and plan to grow them again this year), they did really well for me. :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 14:54:34 »
Hi I got it from Amazon, I also bought  Walking the Trail which is about someone backpacking the trail now and connecting with stories along the way,and to make up the anount to get the free postage,I got a little book called Nellie the Brave, a childs account,it was cheaper to add this than pay the postage XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 16:00:53 »
I will have to look into that one. The title would have put me off, but now I know what it is about. If you ever get the chance and the time have a look at Bury Me at Wounded Knee. Be warned though it makes you very angry.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 16:04:05 »
Thank you Ace, I am trying to read a bit more so I will look out for that one too. This one is very moving.XX Jeannine

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 18:49:59 »
we have a cd by johnny cash called bitter tears, same sort of thing and gets me really sad and angry at the same time  >:( :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal