Allotment Strategy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yarwooda:
Gavin, Thanks for the info.

All the best

Alan

Yarwooda:
P.S From above .
Will anyone else admit to being a local authority / Healthy living project Allotment Manager . It would be interesting to find out and exchange idears.

Regards

Alan Yarwood

HHLP / HBC

Kay:
As far as allotment strategies goes loads of local authorities are writing them at the moment linking in with the Open spaces strategies.  Thankfully allotment sites are recognised as improtant green spaces as well as having a recreational function.

I'm in the process of putting some strategies together for small authorities in the noirth east and an invaulable guide has been the publication "growing in the community - a good practice guide for the management of allotments" ISNB code 184049 204 X.  It's not as dry as it sounds, honest.

Alan - I too work in health and allotment regeneration, supporting local authorities and running projects with allotment associations in Co. Durham.  

ken (69):
The 'strategy' in my little town is to rationalise six sites down to two and sell orf the remainder.All seems to be done over the last five years , my own plot on Oct 4th.

Kay:
Ken

6 down to 2 seems a bit harsh.  Don't know the details of the sites, area or the consultation process so I can't comment further, but I hope you've been given 'adequate provision' if your site is closing and was statutory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version