Author Topic: Please can we do something to remember Supersprout?  (Read 28331 times)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Please can we do something to remember Supersprout?
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2007, 20:05:10 »
cleo that's a brilliant idea  ;D

x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2007, 21:40:31 »
I agree - great idea.  Where, when??????

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2007, 21:40:43 »
A fitting tribute indeed, Cleo.  It's on the cards to network with some maddies on here.  I'll need to give them a wee prompt.

please give Will another hug and say that we miss his mum to bits.  I know I talk about her all the time off the board, and am constantly looking to her for advice !

xx
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2007, 23:40:39 »
Cleo, please tell Will from me , thank you for making us very welcome , the food was glorious and  the leek dish I tasted was the best leek recipe I have ever had and would be really thrilled if  I would be able to get the recipe especially if it was one of  Supersprouts. I don't want to impose so please only ask if you think it is OK. It  really was smashing  and I am someone who has to push myself to eat leeks, now I want to grow them just to make that.

Give him my best wishes, his Mums squash are coming on  a treat,

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2007, 09:45:52 »
Cleo, I think a meet-up is a great idea, more than willing to have a get together at my house if this suits geographically?

For thoses that don't know that is March in the North of Cambridgeshire

Kathi
Kathi :-)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2007, 13:34:46 »
This is a bit garbled as it is floating around in my head. Just a thought to remember her.

Something like...  produce ...

An assortment of squash seeds, perhaps 5 of 10 different kinds. , prettily packed with growing instructions. They would have to be bought in bulk, not home saved, I know where to get them.

With permission from Will of course.

Something like ..."    a nice title in here "  eg ??SUPERSPROUT SQUASH SELECTION

In the memory of Supersprout

no personal details but a few words about a super lady

All proceeds to be donated to ?? Hospice or Cancer Society

Sold through  gardening  sites or e bay International. They have a charity section

That is where my mind is rambling,,,any thoughts.

I would have a go with someone helping so that it was all seen to be above board.

Maybe someone artistic could design the seed packet cover.

I think this might well take off.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2007, 14:05:09 »
Just a quick thought to add to Jeannine's ideas - which I like a lot!

Selling for a Charity on e-bay is not quite as easy as it appears - here's a few ways:

1. just sell stuff and send money after costs to charity

2. register as a seller for the charity - this can only be done by a seller with a credit card - willing to give details, and I'm unsure as to how fees etc. are taken out of profits

3. Advertise the items as being for charity and get charity to acknowledge seller on their own web-site. (not always easy, depends on charity etc.)

I do this for the Hospice which I have been involved with for 20+ years - unable to do no. 2 as no credit card, so tend to stick with no. 1 as charity unable to list my seller details on web-site!

Kathi

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2007, 14:15:30 »
Those are good points, I do have credit cards but I think as a one off maybe just the usual way would be better.This is why I think it should be seen to be done. It is allowed to put proceeds to charity on an item and I think a sensitive description should convey the meaning of the project, XX Jeannine.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2007, 14:32:32 »
Yep - great idea Jeannine  :D

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2007, 15:35:41 »
I think a meet-up is a great idea, more than willing to have a get together at my house if this suits geographically?

For thoses that don't know that is March in the North of Cambridgeshire

Kathi

What a kind and generous offer-I`ll bring a bag of soil to make a hill-a fellow `flatlander` :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2007, 15:42:00 »
Stefan please give Will love and hugs from me. I've been out mulching this morning. I'd love to meet up with folks too if it is at all possible. Can you bring us some photos of Sarah's plots please?
Anne

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2007, 18:24:42 »
Would just like to say if there was a "meet" arranged at Kathi's you would be sure of a lovely welcome. I have been on the receiving end of her hospitality :) Yummy I still think of that lovely spread and also had the pleasure of meeting Pauline, Kathi's Aunt. not forgetting Kathi's OH (swoon!!)
Lorna

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2007, 18:35:36 »
I wish I didn't live so far away :(
Smile, it confuses people.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2007, 19:19:28 »
I just want to say that I have met a couple of the A4all members, and it has been a joy.  Eric, JennyM and Doris Pinks.  It is a great thing to do, and I wish I was more organised, had more time and was less shy!  HOWEVER, if any of you fancy a day at Hyde Hall, or are planning a trip there, please post as I am just 5 minutes away and would love to meet up with people.

Cleo, meets are a great idea, big or small, they are a great thing to do!  ;D 

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2007, 22:42:44 »
Like Emma, I have met up with a few people, but I won't mention names. However, the occasions were exciting times.

There are a couple of people on here who I would be thrilled to meet - EJ, and Heldi. I would consider it a privilege to meet Tim as well.

Perhaps one day.

Derek :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 23:16:12 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2007, 11:27:43 »
Another possibility for a meet is Barnsdale Gardens - I know that Sarah loved it there, she attended more courses last year at Barnsdale than some of the staff there!

It's also a beautiful place, and I'm sure that if there were enough of us and we explained our situation, we might get a talk of some kind !

Mmmmmmm...................more I think of this the better it sounds, it's fairly central, and Rutland water is just a stones throw away - so other places to go and see!

Ooooooo.........I'm getting excited now - what do you all think?

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2007, 11:50:58 »
Just started planting my Supersprout squashies, then had to stop cause I got a bit choked. I logged on to find some cheering-up.   :-\ :)

Kathi, I'd gladly make the journey to March... (so long as it's a day when I can offload Small and Tiny Triff onto OH). Can bring scones (or other edibles) if that would help?

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2007, 18:04:44 »
Barnsdale sounds good-me and Sarah went there a couple of times-and yes I did comment on `Moneymaker` toms-that made her smile.

I`m not sure what happened this morning-me and Jenny turned up but there was no sign of the sprout wagon and no reply when we rang the bell,I can only assume Will was unavoidably detained or had forgotten the clocks had gone forward ;)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2007, 18:24:08 »
Just googled barnsdale gardens and it's not too far from me and looks fab - sounds ideal for a meet.  I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what develops x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2007, 19:33:52 »
Please count me in wherever.

On the squash seeds for charity - which I think is also a great idea.  Would we have to be extra careful that they didn't cross pollinate - if we were selling the seed then we would have to make sure they came true - paper bag time?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal