Author Topic: Please can we do something to remember Supersprout?  (Read 28374 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Please can we do something to remember Supersprout?
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2007, 21:45:39 »
Thats a fab idea Kathie - but i can only do a week day if its in the school hols! :-[

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2007, 22:00:03 »
I have just been on the phone to Nic Hamilton, (son of Geoff), who runs Barnsdale gardens, and gave the lecture that Sarah, Emma and I went to last year. :D

Nic is sure that he is able to do something for us, dependant on the date, he thinks that he would be able to meet and greet the group, and get the Veg supervisor to give us a tour of the "Allotment Garden". ;D

All Nic needs is a few dates, I'm thinking end of May, and he said that we could receive more attention if it was a weekday. (but pref. not the week of Chelsea, as they will be busy!) So how does sometime week starting the 14th May sound to everyone?

Nic was really nice, and has said to e-mail him with a couple of dates, and number of people and he will do his best!  ;D

WOW, great count me in i can make most weekends

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2007, 16:52:49 »
Just been in touch with the wildlife trust, they manage the land around the allotments.

I am going to let them have a couple of SS pumpkin and squash seeds to plant in the communal orchard as they have lots of kids come to visit.

They can give the kids the fruit to make pumpkin heads and pies and instructions on saving the seed for next year.

So SS legacy will live on and on and on!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal