Author Topic: sad news about my mum (super sprout)  (Read 24207 times)

sonofsprout

sad news about my mum (super sprout)
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:07:40 »
i hope this appropriate to start a new thread but i felt the news warrented it.

i am very sorry to say that my mum died in the early hours of this morning in the hospice. she passed away peacefully in her sleep quietly and without pain which is what she wanted. the hospice called me at 3am and i ran all the way but missed the evnt but was still able to say goodbye.

i would like to take this opertunity to say a very big thankyou for all your kind messages of support for mum and myself. they meant alot to both of us.

mum loved her allotment and would talk about it and the various forums she went on alot to me. she loved to help and inspire people on their allotments and derived great joy from the help she gave. I like to think that, while she will not be able to plant, not dig and mulch anymore, through all of you guys she will in someway be enjoying allotments all over the country and will get many more seasons and squashes :)

If any of you felt like writing with your experiences and stories aboout mum or just to say hello please feel free. my address for the next month will be:

Flat 3, 27 Minster Precincts
Peterborough
PE1 1XZ

I will be making a donation to Thorpe Hall for all the help and assistance they have given mum and me and would welcome anyone else who felt like doing the same.

Thanks again for all the kind words, flowers and cards that have flooded in. mum really enjoyed them in her final days and made her feel very special. I am sure that at some point i will have a plot of my own and will be back asking alot of questions.

Thank you all again for bringing so much enjoyment and happiness into mums life.

Will

legendaryone

• Hectare
Re: sad news about my mum (super sprout)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:13:13 »
I'm so sorry for you and your family, our thoughts are with you.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 07:39:55 »
Will, what can one say? She was a very special lady as you already know, and we will miss her terribly.
Love to you and yours,
DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:43:14 »
Will,

Your mum, Supersprout, was a valued contributer to the site, and will be missed by all.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know the news, at what must be a difficult time for you.

Best wishes,

Dan

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:46:10 »
Will, I am so sorry, your Mum will be missed on here more than anyone can say.  You are so lucky to have had such a special person as your Mum.  Treasure your memories of her.  I wish there was more that I could do to help, and will most certainly donate in her memory.  Please take care of yourself and keep in touch with us.

Thinking of you

Hugs, T. x

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 07:49:41 »
Will, I am so so sorry.

I don't think there's a poster across numerous boards that hasn't been thinking of your mum in these past few days.

My heart goes out to you love and hope that you have enough people around you to keep you strong.

So long Supersprout.  It's been an absolute joy knowing you girl.  You will always be very special.

Mrs KP
xxxxxxxxxx
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 07:53:34 »
Will we are both so sad to hear about your mom. We didn't know just how poorly she was. I think thats the way she wanted it. This place just won't be the same without her. We are both thinking of you at this sad time Will and send you loads of love. Shirley and Tony
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:12:18 »
very sorry to hear the news, our thoughts are with you and the rest of the family

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 08:30:44 »
TRIBUTE TO A LOVELY LADY

Sarah Jones - SUPERSPROUT

AN INSPIRATION FOR US ALL

= Tim
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:15:27 by tim »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 08:41:52 »
Thank you for letting everyone on the forum know your sad news about your mum. I will miss her postings very much.

I had only just heard of her illness via the forum, you obviously have been dealing with it for longer, but I know this will not lessen the shock.

Great picture Tim, and a fitting tribute.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:49 »
Will,

I am so very, very sorry.
Thank you so much for letting us know yourself, in the midst of everything.

We were lucky people here to have known Supersprout. She was the first person to welcome me to A4A and she was always an absolute joy to be around here on the boards.

My thoughts and prayers for you and the family join everyone else's.

Triff
x

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 08:53:16 »
I am so sad to hear this news and would like to add my condolances to what i am sure will become a very long list.  Your lovely mum was well loved on this forum and we will miss her very much. 

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 08:58:07 »
Dear Will,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your mum was an inspiration to everyone here, and will be much missed.

Best Wishes,
Rob.
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 09:00:18 »
Will thanks you for taking the time to tell us the sad news about your Mum it is much appreciated as it must have been so difficult for you a this sad time.

I have only been on this forum for a short time and your Mum's postings was always an inspiration to us newbies as she had such passion for her allotment.

She will be missed by us all

God bless

Blue Bird

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 09:02:11 »
Will. So sorry to hear your sad news. Sarah was a special lady and I am sure you are proud to have been her son. Hold on to the lovely memories you have of her. Thinkng of you.
Lorna

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:38 »
I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news, Will and thank you for taking the time to let us know.  As others have said she hasn't been far from any of our thoughts for the last few days.  Sarah will be very sadly missed by us all but I for one will be growing the Country Pumpkin seeds she so kindly sent me, and so as you say there will be more seasons and more squashes.  With much love Alice x

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:33 »
Will, so sorry to hear of your loss, your Mum was a very generous lady, especially with her time a vast knowledge of information. I shall miss popping in for a cuppa and a chat - and really picking her brains about mulching!!!!!
If there is anything you want - just ask,

My thoughts will be with you for the next few weeks as you cope with this tough time - Lotsa best wishes and hugs

Kathi
Kathi :-)

Garjan

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:05:45 »
Dear Will
So sorry to hear of your mother. This is a real sad time for you and I wish you strength.
Lots of love
Garjan

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 09:09:03 »
Oh, I am so sorry.
Can't put it into words.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 09:12:30 »
Will,
like everyone else I was so sad to read your post this morning.
She was a great inspiration to me and I shall miss her wit and wisdom.
With love and a hug to you,
Maggie xx
Smile, it confuses people.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal