Author Topic: sad news about my mum (super sprout)  (Read 24729 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: sad news about my mum (super sprout)
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2007, 16:45:54 »
Will, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. She was a real inspiration on this site, her response to my first post saying hello was so genuine and welcoming. We will all miss her and my thoughts are with you at this sad time. My partner lost his mum to cancer last year and we had to race to the hospice and also were too late, but we like to think she chose her time to go with dignity and grace and I'm sure your mum did too.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2007, 16:51:05 »
Sorry to hear about your mother Will, she was always one of the first to advise me especially when I first came on the site and I got a bale of straw for my birthday just to see what Sprout was going on about. The straw will stay and always be a reminder of her all the best Will, you dear mother Sarah will be missed.
Kevin
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 16:52:52 »
So Sorry to hear the sad news Will, lost my Mum over a decade ago, the pain passes over the years but the good memories remain...
 :'(

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2007, 17:39:33 »
On the 6th Feb I had an email from Supersprout telling me she was going away for a week or two, we now know where you are Supersprout and we will all see you there one day.
Now is the opportunity to kick some straw! Eat dumplings!
Be as strong as you can Son of Sprout,  close your eyes and feel this hug. x
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2007, 18:02:38 »
Thank you so much for coming on here and telling us the sad news.  It's always hard to know what to say in these circumstances.

I only met Sarah the once at Barnsdale with Kathi and we all hit it off. I too have a son called Will which we both thought was funny, we spent about 20 minutes comparing the two of you.  She spoke so highly of you and how much of a help you were to her.  She was always sending me unusual seeds, had a brilliant sense of humour and such kindness that will be missed so much.

Take care and remember our thoughts will always be with you and Sarah.

xx

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2007, 18:14:30 »
Thinking of you and yours at this sad time, Son of Sprout.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 18:16:17 »
Sat here with watery eyes, and a lump in my throat, can´t imagine how you feel Will. What a star you mum was, she´ll always be remembered here........sooooooooo sad I will miss her as we all will, although we never met It feels like I lost a friend.
Take care Will, thinking of you
Lots of hugs

Rosie

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2007, 18:27:09 »
I am not one for words, so lack that skill in expressing my experiences of a truly outstanding woman, even now I smile as I recall memories of Peterborough.

I also pass on condolences from Sam, aka Yellow Petals.

Derek.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 18:37:38 by Curry »
The impossible is just a journey away ...

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2007, 18:40:13 »
I am so sorry for your loss Will, take good care and Gods speed SS

Yvonne x

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2007, 18:53:18 »
Dear  Will

Your mum was a truly wonderful woman, I have learned so much from her postings. Please accept my love and very best wishes. 
Whenever I go to my allotment and mulch around plants I always think of her; now I will remember her (with a smile).

Take care of yourself - all good wishes

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2007, 18:59:29 »
Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said so far.

Will, you know that your Mum was a very special lady.  I never met her, but was immediately made to feel welcome on a4a because of Sarah's responses to my posts.  She understood the importance of string ;)

We did a squash seed swap and agreed to plant them on the same day - 17th April.  I will still do that and Barbara Butternut will be her memorial.

I will miss her posts and cyber friendship more than words can say.

God bless Sarah

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2007, 19:26:58 »
Sarah Jones was a truly remarkable lady.  She fought this dreadful disease with such bravery.  Like Eric and Georgie we talked in here and on MSN and she had such a sunny disposition you couldn't help but laugh along with her but we knew that she was suffering.  Now she is at peace and you will have truly wonderful memories of a special Mum Will, because Sarah was a special lady.  I am going to miss her so much, we had such wonderful chats.  I would have loved to have met her in person but am pleased to have had her company for many hours albeit in a chat room.  A Special Person.   Rest In Peace  Sarah, till we meet again. 

Carol 

:'( :'(

Clairylou

• Not So New ...
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2007, 19:36:53 »
Will, i was so sorry to hear your news. i was inspired by your Mums great advice especially on mulching.  My thoughts are with you.

Love Claire :(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2007, 19:39:37 »
Will, it's winter again in our hearts just now, but in the spring your mum's seeds will grow in our gardens and plots and Sarah will live with us again and so her life with us will go on and on  and not be forgotten.

Please take care of yourself and I hope that you, too, have all the support you need, now and in the future.

Sarah was brave, and so are you......truly the Son of Supersprout :)

Lishka xxx

pete10

• Half Acre
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2007, 19:40:01 »
 Such sad news ,Supersprout will be missed . Nice friendly person good sound advice .

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2007, 20:03:22 »
As someone who was lucky enough to know Sarah outside this forum I don't wish to say too much right now.  But I'd like to contribute to this tribute thread in some way so here's an extract from an email I sent to Will earlier today.

'I've seen the lovely message you have posted on A4A and I hope the replies and cards that are sure to follow offer you a grain of comfort.  I want to gather my thoughts before I sit down and write you a letter about all the happy times Sarah and I shared.  All I will say for now is your mother was a ray of sunshine. She made me laugh so much and even though I'd only known her for about 18 months, she had become a firm and very loyal friend.  I'm going to miss her so much.'

G x

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 20:54:59 by Georgie »
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2007, 20:53:28 »
Will, i'm so sorry for your loss - although i didn't know your mum personally I feel like i've lost a friend today too.  I lost my uncle to cancer almost two years ago, so know how cruel this devastating disease can be - I'm walking the Playtex Moonwalk in May and as well as doing it in memory of my beloved uncle Peter, i'll also be thinking of your mum.

I so grateful for all of the advice she's given me over the last few months, and how she's made me look at a bale of straw in a whole new light!  She has truly inspired all of us newbies, and i'll think of her fondly when i'm sowing my first ever seeds on the lottie this year.

Thanks for taking the time to let us all know your sad news, take care of yourself and the rest of your family.  Love & prayers to you all x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2007, 21:08:32 »
 will miss you s.s

blisters

• Quarter Acre
  • Dorset
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2007, 22:18:04 »
So sorry to hear your news.  Our thoughts are with you.

bunjy

• Half Acre
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:43 »
sorry to hear your sad news... thinking of you at this sad time she will be missed so much

bunjy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal