Author Topic: As requested  (Read 7618 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: As requested
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 17:24:35 »
Is the mosaic you are currently making based on a Klimt painting ("tree of life" or something similar)? It looks terrific!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 20:45:35 »
Wow ace you're one talented chap!  ;)  I love the little bird!

I'd love to know where I could see some of your work - got a link or anything we could have a look at?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:48 »
I wrote my dissertation on Gaudi at Glasgow Art School and I'm sure even he would be amazed at what you've done. I cant believe your patience and obvious sense of colour and design.

You must get that cow done though, that would look wonderful.

TRULY SUPERB!!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 09:03:42 »
FANTASTIC  8)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 17:21:18 »
I wrote my dissertation on Gaudi at Glasgow Art School

Now that is a seriously nice building!  8)

I am a fan of Gaudi too, my OH is a carpenter and wants to make some Gaudiesque furniture....to busy doing stuff to earn a crust though! :'(
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

BarbaraGood

• Half Acre
  • 250 square metres of heaven
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 13:52:42 »
WOW!  :o
Fantastic, what a talent and some patience you must have!
I'd love to be half as creative!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 14:04:21 »
Beautiful Ace.Your wall art is on my wish list for my garden when I finally buy a house. do you show and where? We're in Bournemouth and are going to the Isle of Wight in the summer with friends.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 17:07:04 »
Is the mosaic you are currently making based on a Klimt painting ("tree of life" or something similar)? It looks terrific!

The very same, but from a catalogue of carpet/rug designs that we use reproducing them in mosaic.

Emmy some of our stuff is on display in a few gardens, but mostly it is made for our gardens which we build at the garden shows. This takes me off the island for most of the summer so I am not usually here when most people come for their holidays. 

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 17:09:07 »
ACE, how long have you lived in your place, how long has this taken you to evolve,  and do you have any 'before' pix please?

Rohaise

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 17:45:15 »
 Ooooh!  Can I have a go ?       :)      luv  Rohaise  x

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 18:25:48 »
What do you do all day, Ace??

I suppose that living in mid-Channel gives you this exceptional talent?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 18:55:07 »
ACE, how long have you lived in your place, how long has this taken you to evolve,  and do you have any 'before' pix please?

I do not live there, it is the 'office', around the back is our nursery which we use to bring on all our plants for the show gardens. My business parner inherited it 2 years ago and hopes eventually to convert it to a proper home. In the meantime we mock up ideas and garden designs to show our clients.

Eventually when we have finished the gardens, which are about two and a half acres  we will open it to the public. There will be a huge water garden,  a shade garden in the woods, a design studio, a 25m x4m herbatious border. We also want a national collection of hemerocallis. The mosaic work will carry on and all sorts of objects will be covered in a fun garden. A lot of our show gardens will be recreated. We really play at gardening there, but it pays the bills.

My partners real garden is a traditional country cottage garden that features a lot in magazines and gardening shows, Mine is a garden with attitude, phormiums, flax, palms every type of echinops, trees with coloured bark, a henge and old motorcycles and machinery used as supports for  climbers.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 20:48:19 »
Fantastic ACE. 

I love the little bird...you must find a chicken to do!!! I was given two pottery hens recently...I think they were from B&Q...they would lend themselves perfectly to mosaic. I'm thinking about covering them in moss so they are furry  :D

My son would go mad for the parrot.

Garden art second picture...that is my fav. Reminds me of the suface of Jupiter.  Is that you reflected in the mirror taking the photo? 

Now I really really really want to see your garden with it's bits of motorbikes and machinery...I'm so so curious.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 21:53:32 »
So do I [want to see your garden that is!]

Please  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 22:32:35 »
Me too. 8)

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 11:44:39 »
It all looks beautiful Ace  ;D l bought a book a couple of years ago on making mosaic pots,you've inspired me to get on and do some  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 14:31:33 »

Emmy some of our stuff is on display in a few gardens, but mostly it is made for our gardens which we build at the garden shows. This takes me off the island for most of the summer so I am not usually here when most people come for their holidays. 
Right, will go on nosy of local gardens then. never been to a garden show, is one of the things I promised myself this year.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 12:16:29 »
WOW they are really stunning 8)

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 12:34:51 »
Absolutely fantastic!!!!!

At least the black and white cat hasn't been mosaic-ed - please tell me he's not on the list for after the cow!?!   ???
Kathi :-)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal