Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 65624 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #580 on: December 23, 2009, 12:20:13 »
I have to confess to someone!!

A few weeks ago after finding I have a huge Oriental supermarket on my doorstep I felt very naughty and completely ashamed when I purchased a live Alaskan King Crab, very expensive as John doesn't eat it, but I just had to try it fresh ( had it frozen a couple of times but it was rubbish) I have no problem cooking them by the way. Anyway this crab cost me the equivalent of about £18 which is what I was ashamed ok.. pure decadence. |It was by far the most super dooper fresh crab I have ever cooked, far out weighed all the other types I have done over the years. They are very big by the way and I  had asked for the smallest one and in fact it was as I watched carefully as they chose it from the tank.

Two weeks ago I decided to do it again and once again I asked for the smallest one.. chatting to someone in the background I took the parcel they handed to me and put it in the basket.. did some more shopping, rather a lot so the checkout figure was not a big surprise.

Got home and got the big(huge pot) then I saw the price.. arrgh, immediate panic ,,where is John.. hide the bill, I had just paid $98 for a crab. It might have been their smallest but it was huge and then some.

I made such a disgusting pig out of self and try as I could I could not eat it all in one day so I was a pig two days running. It was truly wonderful but I feel so guilty about all the hunger in the world I have just got to confess.

Oh was it ever good though, I keep well away from the live tanks in their now... mind you I did sneak a peak at the fresh razor clams and the lobster today.

Come on gals fess up what was your most frivolous buy this year , edible or otherwise.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #581 on: December 23, 2009, 15:12:05 »
Fancy buying something that John didn't like Jeannine, that was rather Shellfish.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal