Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 66836 times)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2009, 20:16:24 »
Don't know if anybody remembers when my Wildchild ( my youngest boy 27) went to California  to marry his long distance  girlfriend in a goth wedding LV well they are going on tour in europe and will be staying with us for a week inbetween gigs so we get to meet our D I L at last! wonder who is more nervous her or me
marg
well they have been and gone! they had a gap in the tour (punk band) between Budapest and Genevaso they stayed for 6days
D-I-L was lovely and it was good to see son after almost 3 years.not knowing what kind of food to get in I stocked up on booze,cola  and crisps but they wanted to eat healthy
had to smile at myself cuz son is 27 left home at 17has married and lives in the states,travels around the world but I found myself worrying about him as he was late home one evening
once a mum always a mum
marg

Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2009, 20:30:26 »
glad all went well, marg..mixed blessings, aren't they?
I usually send my youngest a text message asking if he's still alive, not the best of communicators  ;D

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #562 on: November 28, 2009, 21:04:17 »
It sounds like you had a really good visit theothermarg and glad to hear you have a sweet d-i-l. He must have looked for someone like his mum!
What's the band's name- on case he ever gets east?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #563 on: November 28, 2009, 21:37:49 »
they have band of their own called Christ v Warhol but the tour was with a friends  band called Faith and the Muse in which they play guitar in the background
they both have full time jobs which is good cuz the music is what is called alternative  :-\
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #564 on: November 28, 2009, 22:00:46 »
yep, my youngest is a very talented poet but works as a chef so's he can eat  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #565 on: December 02, 2009, 16:19:46 »
Well, I have begun to think I have moved into a geriatric twilight zone. I don't feel old but am surrounded by lots of old gals and a few guys too and I swear ( I think I mean hope) I don't look and act like them.

Some of you will remember when I had my lottie I had a nickname for all the plot holders whose name I didn't know, well it is happening here in this apartment block now.

There is very tall skinny women who cruises the corridors and elevators hour after hour carrying a pair of secateurs which she opens and closes constantly, I am berginning to think she is a ghost,she always wear a sort of a robe thingy. I said hello to hear the other day in the elevator, she spun round and gave me a big hello back then glared at my John..she then whispered rather loudly " I don't talk to men, they are all beasts" She then pointed her secateurs at him and snapped them shut a couple of times, near his nose. For a  minute I thought she was having ideas about pruning his beard. Poor John, there is no place to hide in an elevator. Her floor came and she took off with a cheery wave to me and a scary glare at John.  I have been calling him a beast all day!!

She is sort of a cross between Old Mother Riley  and Joyce Grenville so John has called her Old Mother Grenville, personally I think it should be  The long armed snipper!!

She is not the only odd ball.. I will tell you about Alice Blue Gown tomorrow.

Got to go to bed, I have been up all night baking,

Night Night all

XX Jeannine

PS Where is  Trixie again?
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #566 on: December 02, 2009, 17:13:17 »
Don't know, Jeannine, haven't seen her around for quite a while. Sounds like there is plenty of free entertainment in your block! ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #567 on: December 02, 2009, 17:18:19 »
Your description makes me think of Edward Scissor hands!!  :o

looking forward to the next installment  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #568 on: December 02, 2009, 17:19:44 »
Don't tell Jeannine, :-X but I think she's been rented a flat in a nut house.   :P :P :P :P :P     ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #569 on: December 02, 2009, 19:31:25 »
Thought I'd join in here- I agree about the boobs- with a stomach like that they should be going the same way!  Well, what have I done today?  Free coffe at the library- got 2 good books, one on containers (now I have had to postpone my allotment dream) and another by Monty and his wife, something like "plot to pot"- it's in the car in the garage so can't look it up.  Went to the garage where we bought our new car last week so that the helpful young man could tune in Radio 4 and put the clock right, then on to B&Q for ornamental cabbages for the front garden.  I don't like them really that much, but we share our open plan garden with next door, and the shared bed looks better if we use the same plants- hers went in a fortnight ago- I'm a bit behind.  I also bought some peat pots to put my sweet peas into when they've grown a bit.  The rest of the day I've just been fiddling about on the computer and reading- it's a hard life being retired.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #570 on: December 03, 2009, 00:52:17 »
Thought I should do another post as the last one was done after page 1 (I'm fairly new!) and THEN I realised there were 29 pages of this entertaining stuff.  Well, that was about 2 hours ago.  I've read them all, and feel as if I've made some new friends.  It's actually quite good to read en bloc as you almost get the full story (eg the pair of Goths- love the wedding photo, and it's so nice that you got to finally meet her).  I think I may fit in quite well- my own latest mad moment happened a couple of weeks ago.  I reported the car stolen from our drive , went through all the rigmorole of giving a lengthy statement to the police, then was awakened at 6.10 the following morning to discover that the car had been recovered from Sainsbury's car park where I had left it the previous day!  I really couldn't believe it- I was so sure I had driven it home, but had to concede the point when informed by the two lovely young plocemen that they had just watched me on CCTV coming out of the shop and walking off down the road!  I was very pleased not to be charged with wasting police time, but it took my OH some time to get over it.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #571 on: December 03, 2009, 00:57:35 »
I did go into town to attend an appointment at the hairdressers once.

I started to look in the shops and forgot all about my hair appointment.

Got on the bus and went home and it was a few days later before it clicked...........DOH   ::)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #572 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:05 »
Gwynnethmary that reminds me of what happened to me a few years ago.

The top half of our house is tile hung (I think there was a brick shortage when it was built  ::) ) with grey tiles and for several years one of the upper tiles was broken, and looked untidy.  When I had a roof repair done the chap in charge said he's replace the broken wall tile, so he replaced it with one from lower down and was hidden by a tree, but replaced it with a red tile as he only had that with him at the time, promising to pop by and replace it with a grey one later.

About six months later I saw this red tile - and went mad.  Who had put it there? Why? Had anyone seen someone doing it?  A neighbour helpfully suggested that burglars sometimes "mark" a potential house to break into.  That did it, I phoned the police, who were nonplussed, they had heard of "marking" but nothing like this, and advised me to lock up carefully, and notify them of anything unusual immediately.

That night I got no sleep, and first thing in the morning I phoned my roofing chap to ask him how long it would take someone to swap a tile - and as soon as he heard me on the phone he said "I'm sorry - I completely forgot to swap your tile!"

Talk about being the laughing stock - everyone, including the police, dined out on this for weeks.  The red tile is still there, I haven't the heart to change it, even though we have the replacement, and I still keep a cricket bat next to the front door.
The Tuscan Beaneater

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #573 on: December 03, 2009, 11:12:12 »
That really made me chuckle Asbean- it's amazing how many of us have done some pretty daft things over the years- I put it down to being forced to multi-task when actually my brain doesn't do that!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2009, 16:29:41 »
asbean and gwynnethmary , you have really cheered me up and I needed it as I have just discovered my paked car has been damaged while I was out with OH
I was releived to find a note on it from a sainsbugs delivery driver with a number but it seems their insurance office is closed for the weekend so I can't even get the repairs started till monday.
I had forgotten I put my sons wedding picture on here they are a crazy pair and very well suited
the tale about the "stolen car" reminded me of when I tied  the dog to the school gates and remembered her 3 hours after I got me son home poor Carly she managed to die of age not by being owned by a shot away me
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #575 on: December 06, 2009, 15:42:16 »
hope you get your car sorted- it's not fun when you have a mess to sort out that's not of your making.  I love the dog story!  I went to visit a young friend in hospital the other day, went to Sainsbury's (again!) to buy her some sweets on the way- got back into the car than spent AGEs hunting for the key (emptied handbag, looked under seats etc), got out twice to see if I'd dropped it in the car park.  It was only on the second time that I discovered I'd been sitting on it all along!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #576 on: December 06, 2009, 15:53:04 »
Yes, I've often spent ages looking for things that are there all the time.  I love the one about the dog - but for a school-gate story my mother took the biscuit.  Her eyesight wasn't all that good and one day she met me at school as per usual, but when I came out of school I saw her marching off home - with another kid in tow!  I had to run after them, and when I caught up with them the other kid was protesting (quite rightly!) and she was telling her to be quiet and get a move on!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

She was pretty absent=minded too  ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #577 on: December 06, 2009, 16:18:01 »
Theothermarg and Asbean  ;D  ;D  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #578 on: December 09, 2009, 14:58:41 »
Those have really made me laugh and made me think of the time my mum parked her car in a Birmingham car park, took us shopping, came back, discovered the car had been stolen and called the police.
After standing with the policeman for a looong time (i was about 8) he got a call on his radio to say the car had been found in a nearby car park-the one she had actually parked in.  ::)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #579 on: December 09, 2009, 15:08:52 »
I'm so glad to be in such good company!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal