Author Topic: Abel & Cole greengrocers  (Read 1660 times)

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Abel & Cole greengrocers
« on: February 23, 2007, 16:52:34 »
Does anyone use these for their veg delivery boxes?

http://www.abel-cole.co.uk/Default.aspx?tab=Home

Even if you don't order any veg off them, their website is fab!  Gives loads of info on the different veggies, and hundreds of recipes!
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

craftyparsnip

• Not So New ...
    • little gems allotment
Re: Abel & Cole greengrocers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 17:10:34 »
Yep....I highly recommend them. Made a veggie soup last night deli sh.
I get two boxes a week.. 1 veg, 1 fruit. Good quality, haven`t had any rubbish yet!!!!
I have a pic of what arrived this week on my blog...

http://pinkiris.typepad.com/pink_iris/2007/02/photo_a_day_feb_2.html

jo9919

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 21:30:45 »
They start delivering in my area in March, I might give them a go as the boxes look yum.

Jo.

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 22:19:47 »
What a pity. They do deliver in my area, but it's on a Monday. We need the bulk of our veggies for Sunday, and some of it I don't think would keep from Mon to Sun. :( :( :(
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 09:32:10 »
They don't deliver in my area  :'( but you're right, the site is fab!  I love the way they tell you exactly what's in the box each week  8)

Plus you could do virtually a whole weekly shop from there which is excellent - can't wait til they email me to tell me they're delivering in my area! x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

chlodonnay

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 19:36:02 »
We have been getting a weekly box from abel and cole for a couple of years. They are fantastic! Everything is delicious and if ever there is a problem they are quick to resolve it. We also get our bread and cleaning products from them, and sometimes get fish and meat too. Unlike other box schemes you can tell them if there is anything that you don't like and don't want included in your box. You can also preview what will be in it a few days before it is due to arrive. I would highly recommend them! :)

jo9919

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 20:18:35 »
That's what I think I would like about them. I have such a fussy family (they don't take after me!!!), it would be great to be able to see what's in the box before you buy. So many of these box schemes just send what's available and you don't get to 'see' before you buy.

Jo.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 22:30:08 »
Got our first fruit box last Weds and all the fruit was good especailly the apples and pears - so now looking forward to the next box.

Mrs T

• Not So New ...
  • Digging in February!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 05:56:44 »
Hi - I have had their veg and fruit, very good quality however the meat is VERY expensive.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 10:58:01 »
we did use them for a little while but had a few bad experiences.

On two occassions we had food delivered that was damaged and/ or past its best and un able to use it.

They also once left the box on the doorstep in bright sunshine, with the sellophane cover on so everything wilted, depsite instructions to put things down the side of the house in the shade.

I did not think it was very good value for money. River nene I have heard are very good though.

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 13:03:16 »
Just added the recipe section to my favourites!

Not sure I will order the fresh produce though, hoping to grow most of what we need this year!
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal