Author Topic: help!!  (Read 1396 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
help!!
« on: February 26, 2007, 13:00:30 »
I have been playing around with glittermaker and want to put it on here but being slightly thick about computers have no idea how to do so. All the things are there on the site for me to fill in but what do I put?
Be very grateful for advice. Have picked brains of computer literate sister but she doesn't know either!  ???
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
Re: help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 13:17:08 »
Emmy, Just had a look on glittermaker and you just have to fill in the top box with whatever it is you want to say, then choose you colours and whatever else, then click "make my glitter" at the bottom left.  On the right hand side it will create a code that you need to copy and paste wherever it is you want the glitterwords to be, for forums there is Forum hotlink 1 or 2.

Here's one i prepared earlier...!

Does that help?
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 13:38:23 »
Brill Sally, what do you type into forum 1 box? Just the address of A4A or the address that comes up when I'm on my profile page? I know, thick, sorry!

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 14:22:56 »
No, nothing goes in there, a code will appear and it will look like this..

[IMG]http://www.GlitterMaker.com/glitter_graphics/YourText.gif[/IMG.]

so just left-click over the words and it will be highlighted in blue, then right-click and select copy, you can then paste into the box on your profile page and it will transform magically from the code into glitter words!
 So rather than telling glittermaker where you want it to go, you tell a4a where it is to find the image, does that make sense?

:)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 14:25:31 by sally_cinnamon »
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 16:05:20 »
Sorry, slight delay, on school run! Yes that makes more sense!! Thanks and will have a go when I have time. Only found it as I was supposed to be writing essay and needed distraction! Thanks sally x

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 16:19:52 »
No probs!  Good luck!   ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal