Author Topic: Enviromesh  (Read 2489 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Enviromesh
« on: January 31, 2007, 20:36:53 »
Anyone found the cheapest place to get this yet?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Enviromesh
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 20:51:33 »
we but our fleece at a very reasonable price fron n a kays, don't know about environmesh though  :)

thomasb

• Half Acre
  • Allotment in Cowley, Oxford
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 21:38:43 »
Last year I purchased the Kays version that is called viromesh. At the time I considered it was a better price than other supplies.

If you do a search you will find some discussions on it here from last year.

Thomas

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 05:22:05 »
Hi Olive Oil, last year I had a bad experience with N A KAYS and Enviromesh so I was determined to find a cheaper supplier and I did so, this company manufacture it so it works out cheaper. KAYS 2m x 50m is £126 + delivery whereas AGRALAN 2m x 50m is £105 + delivery, their link is:

www.agralan.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 06:40:39 »
I  got my enviromesh from Suttons seeds. £28. 90 for a pack of two. I found it very good. Thats it in front of the beans. I put the spring cabbage under it. The only thing I would say is to make sure that you fasten the edges down so that cats and the like cannot get in
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 06:42:56 by shirlton »
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:37:20 »
I went for Agralan last year after a lot of internet trawling. I think the best price varied with how much you wanted with Agralan doing better for larger quantities.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:44:13 »
 I got mine from the organic gardening catalogue. I bought Ultra-fine, as it keeps out flea beetle as well as cabbage and carrot root flies. Normal enviromesh only keeps out the root flies.

Reminds me, must go order some more. My red cabbages did superbly under it last year, and I want to do the same with the white ones!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

skiffle

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 20:24:33 »
At www.gardening-naturally.com you can buy ENVIROMESH and ULTRA FINE by the metre which is a MUCH cheaper way of buying it!!!!

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 20:41:06 »
Do you not think that this mesh is expensive,and as anyone worked out how long it would take to recover the cost of it as compared to the crops you get from underneath it.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Si

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 04:58:35 »
I think it's for the fun of just growing things, above the cost ;) Plus you don't have a lot of choices if you're organic.

luckyme

• Not So New ...
  • Any ideas welcome!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 19:43:23 »
Last year was a nightmare for catterpillars, but is there any option that's not mesh covering? Someone told me you can get nematodes that eat the caterpillar larvae before they start to eat through the leaf, but all this environmental warfare sounds a bit on the extreme side!  :o
Allotment, a mess?! no this is "feature grass"

Ilford Avenue Allotments, Wallasey

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 19:46:02 »
the netting we use against cabbage whites is builders mesh, for stopping rubble falling..luckily we got it for nothing  ;D

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 09:35:39 »
Ah I have lots of scaffold mesh which i will use instead... thinking about it last summer when i had it as fencing for chooks tiny flies were caught in it and couldnt get out... the only prob is the shade qualities it has - do you think it will be a problem?  Worth a try anyway i guess i yes i do think enviromesh and the like is hellish expensive.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 19:07:48 »
worked fine on all our brassicas , don't know about the shade , mind you, it was very hot last year  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal