Author Topic: human bones found at allotment!!!  (Read 3861 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: human bones found at allotment!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 16:49:41 »

Jeannine ... do you not carry your bones round in your handbag?? I always do  ;D
!

;D ;D ;D ;D  the mind boggles  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 00:08:10 »
Sorry I am home but can't find it I must have left it in the shed at the P.Patch, I know I kept it and will be there on Saturday ,it just has to be a cow bone,I am just getting paranoid like I said XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 16:55:04 »
I have found the bone, i felt a proper idiot when I thought it was lost,it was at the lottie in a raised bed,John had chucked it from the shed thinking was junk!!

Anyway I have it in front of me.It is not at all like the top pictures, they are long and point, but it does resemble the top left hand side one.

If I take a picture of it,how do I get the picture on the forum,never done that.

Still feels creepy, but it has to be a cow...doesn't it ?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 18:16:54 »
Must be a former allotment holder. Ultimate form of composting!

;D ;D ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 18:18:21 »
Must be a former allotment holder. Ultimate form of recycling!

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D
 Threw himself on compost heap in true gardeners spirit.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 18:21:20 »
Must be a former allotment holder. Ultimate form of recycling!

;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D
 Threw himself on compost heap in true gardeners spirit.

Trying to save money to the last no doubt. Why waste it on a funeral, just do it yourself!

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 18:32:31 »
Why not pop into yor local vets and ask if they can identify it for you!
That will give them something to chat about for weeks if it does turn out to be human!! ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 18:38:25 »
Go on then woman don't keep us in suspence, bone idle that one. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 21:25:06 »
Ok , OH is trying to load the photo thingy on my new laptop and you can tell me what it is,and no I am not going to the vets,I feel daft enough telling you lot about it, I just know it is going to be an animal, can you imagine how many dopes like me came out of the woodwork with their funny bones( sorry) after the find in Peterborough. Watch this space. XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 23:36:41 »
Trying to load a picture

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 23:39:12 »
Well it looks like I did it, thanks Dan.Ok so what is it? I have three other pictures from different angles It is about 41/2 inches at it.s widest point. It is worn down on the points and looks very old XX Jeannine

tin can

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 03:29:46 »
Looks like C1 ( top bone of the neck) but not human! ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 07:35:14 »
Cervical (ie neck) vertebra, but if it's 4 1/2 inches across, it's far too big to be human. Probably cow.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 09:13:06 »
Oh what a relief,my asparagus won't be dug up then !!! It was a bit too creepy for me as I had found this, thought it odd, decided to keep  it then shortly after read the start of this post,thanks for identifying it  I had visions of digging and finding the other parts too,  XX Jeannine

Zoglet

• Half Acre
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 21:12:58 »
so, has it improved your brassicas?   ;D
Got first allotment 24//4/06 - so much to do!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 22:40:27 »
Oh you are bad, I saw the topic had been answered again and my heart jumped into my mouth. I am worrying now about when I fill find the rest of the cow.. XX Jeannine

weedin project

• Acre
  • twig > leaf > flower > fruit > juice > WINE!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2007, 23:12:03 »
Mrs Project & I went on hols to County Clare in Ireland a few years ago and wandered round an old derelict monastery.  It had a graveyard with headstones going back many hundreds of years.  Lots of headstones but not many plots - with limited space there were multiple interments in each space.
In one particular corner we noticed a few odd shaped "stones" lying about on the ground, and in a few minutes had gathered together a collection of about 20 finger/toe bones (maybe a pre-Beckham metatarsal?), bits of rib, and even fragments of skull.  Presumably every time the gravedigger dug a new grave he inadvertently disturbed the previous occupants.
It was immensely tempting to take them home and secrete them about our garden then invite the local constabulary to investigate and do a bit of double-digging, but fortunately we are upright and honest and left the bones on the grave we found them by. ::)
"Given that these are probably the most powerful secateurs in the world, and could snip your growing tip clean off, tell me, plant, do you feel lucky?"

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 09:45:59 »
My garden plot was part of the large house next door, the particular area under my raised beds was where the family buried it's pets! Supposed to be cats, dogs, a goat and a Horse buried under there !  :o

Not gonna dig too deep - just in case!  :)
Kathi :-)

LucyJ

• Not So New ...
  • Hemel Hempstead (ickle east facing Garden)
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2007, 10:03:44 »
i had a friend that used to work for the council gardens squad in Aberdeen, one of his taskes was everyday walking around the cemetery in the centre of Aberdeen and re burying any bones he found, he often came across skulls and leg bones as well as a whole host of little bones most often kicked out by burrowing rabbits!

It certaintly kept the conversation going in the pub!
http://lucysgarden.blogspot.com/
Hemel Hempstead (ickle east facing Garden)

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 12:04:31 »
My allotment is at the back of a cemetery and I find a lot of human bones there.

I think its going to be a cremation for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal