Author Topic: Freecycle  (Read 1277 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Freecycle
« on: February 21, 2007, 22:57:00 »
Thanks to all who recommended this way of acquiring lottie usefuls! Finally joined up to my local group and immediately acquired 2 large plastic bins and 3 builders rubbish clearance bags,( for shifting that couch grass to garden waste at tip, one for OH to use at work, didn't even know he wanted one till I informed him he had to go collect booty)
Have also applied for garden tools going and put up some of our own stuff too big for charity shop. All this since yesterday. Brill.
Think I will be loved as not interested in phones and tvs, just want everyones rubbish!
What's the best thing you've acquired by freecycling?
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Freecycle
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 23:01:01 »
warning its adictive

think of it like an auction

i ended up with a tv that you can power from a battery ( apparantly ) its in the garage but i cant for the life of me why i though i might use it....

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 23:03:01 »
Yes Cam, bit like ebay you have to think, do I really want that!! OH has said he's not bleeping driving all over the south coast picking up tat for me!!  :'(
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:13:28 »
Don't generally freecycle but am more of a dontdumpthat.com 'er

Have managed to get rid of loads and got some free rabbit hutches.

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 10:17:29 »
My best frees were my shed and about 800 envelopes. :) Sounds weird but hey you always need envelopes! Shared them out with other artists. Ah, and I got a brand new shower curtain! Things like that I just really don't understand - surely the person can return it if it's new and they don't need/want it? Nevermind, my gain.

I've gotten rid of exercise equipment (simple stuff, but every New Year I seem to acquire something  ;)), videos and some teddybears. Have to clear out a ton of stuff this year before I move in summer so Freecycle will see a lot of it.

Tina.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 12:09:39 »
i love freecycle too and i have had some great things including a welsh dresser and two years of kitchen garden magazines. 

LauraB

• Half Acre
  • West Bromwich
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 13:18:56 »
I've been given a large aluminium coldframe, a huge amount of greenhouse glass (maybe 40 pieces?), a lot of pots, a water butt and stand, and a, 8' by 10' or 12' (no good at estimating sizes!) Alton greenhouse.

I've freecycled a double pram, a cabin bed, some ikea office furniture, and a mountain bike.

It's a brilliant site!

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 20:58:41 »
Have offered - load of material / dried flowers & grasses /tumble composter (too big for my garden now have lottie and books

have got - 1 old window frame / load of wood and that is it seem to be too late for everything else by the time I get home and go on line !!!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal