Author Topic: Black Polythene  (Read 2281 times)

silly billy

• Acre
Black Polythene
« on: January 27, 2007, 16:53:06 »
Wheres the best place to get good quality but cheap black polythene sheeting as I need quite alot of it.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Black Polythene
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 17:58:23 »
possibly e bay, the only thing's the postage  :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 18:26:22 »
Allplas, Harrod Horticultural, and LBS Garden Direct all supply several types :)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 14:37:03 »
Last year these guys supplied a permeable type of sheeting called Covertex, but I think the smallest order is 100m of 1.5m wide. It did work out at about 44p pre square metre (65p per metre of the1.5m wide roll) including delivery which I think is quite competitive for this type of sheeting.

http://www.hy-tex.co.uk/ht_agr_gc.html

flytrapman

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 12:24:10 »
If you know of any companies that repair HGVs ask them for the sheets of curtain side trailers or trucks, they should let you have them for free.
if you are anywhere near the Leigh area I can get some for you

chuff

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 19:48:44 »
hi silly billy, I bought mine from a farm suppliers, (silage sheeting) I got it last year, its 8m wide and 50m long. cost me £50 it should last me years and years. ;D

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 21:27:28 »
hi silly billy, I bought mine from a farm suppliers, (silage sheeting) I got it last year, its 8m wide and 50m long. cost me £50 it should last me years and years. ;D
Thanks all for the replies.I have been looking at silage sheeting just wondering how thick it is.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

chuff

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 20:34:35 »
I have used it to cover the whole plot for the last 18 months with no problems, Ive walked all over it dragged things over it, its thick enough to do the job, you can buy differant grades of thickness.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 21:11:58 »
be careful of e-bay.  OH bought me some weed supressant - £3 plus postage.  On Saturday I found the identical stuff in Poundland [for a pound obviously!  :)]   The seller presumably had bought a load at £1 a go & was flogging it on.  Good luck to them but I did feel a bit cheated.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:09:00 »
My neighbour is an e-bay/poundland entrepreneur. His latest was teatowels with Bournemouth, England and nice seaside scene- pack of 3 - £1, sold on from e-bay to the states for £5 each!! :o
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 10:22:15 »
eBay can be a ripoff for some things. The first things I bought were beekeeping books, till I realised that a lot of them were being bidded up well beyond what I could get them for elsewhere. These days I'm a lot more choosy about what I bid on.

Flowertot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 09:33:27 »
I bought a 50m x 2m wide roll for £38 (delivered) off ebay a shop called Weed Free ZONE.

Bryan

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 10:25:18 »
I bought a roll of damp-proof membrane from my local B&Q.
It was 25m long and 4m wide and cost around the 25 to 30 quid mark.
I found it long lasting, and easy to fold up when i didn't need it any longer.
It is now being used again to cover ground that i want to use a little later. :) :)
Don't worry about tomorrow, or yesterday, just think about today.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 11:03:12 »
Don't know about polythene, but NA Kay do most things well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal