Author Topic: Save the Red Arrows  (Read 5799 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Re: Save the Red Arrows
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 13:16:11 »
Emmy what I would like to know is that quite often you see a Greenpeace spokesman on the news speaking from a great big office filled with computers, air conditioning  (no doubt) etc, what is there office being run on, I take it solar power is it.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 13:24:21 »
Unfortunately not Richard. I found vast amounts of hypocrisy going on, among management and volunteers. There was always talk about everything going solar/wind powered but to my knowledge ( and I've been out of the loop a while now) never got done, probably financial more than anything else. I did a lot of work for various charities and became very disillusioned very quickly.
I was very young and dedicated but it's not really enough and once reality bites it's not nice.
Still, Greenpeace great organisation, not perfect but unfortunately nothing is.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 13:26:36 »
I also didn't realise how side-tracked this issue would become. I think maybe because I live somewhere where there are regular display, the reds have become part of my being and I would hate to see them disbanded. I do think they are a real asset to us as a country, and we need to resist attempts to strip us of these cultural markers.

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2007, 13:27:40 »

Done..................Bambi.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 13:35:25 »
Like everything else good about this country, this present government wants to get rid of it, think Blair is still hoping to become president of the United Europe and will do everything in His power to try to forfill it.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2007, 13:59:20 »
Bambi- thanks. Richard, I agree. I've been thinking on whole Greenpeace office thing. I wonder if it wouldn't take a huge amount of solar energy to run an office, especially a large head office. I'm sure they are as green as they can be in other respects but i was only lowly foot-soldier so wouldn't really know!
At least they are out there trying to raise awareness to the main issues, they never claim to be the solution.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 17:27:47 »
now i'm offended.

i drive my car with pride whilst i cackle remourselessley.

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 22:14:42 »
Done!  I love the red arrows  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 10:38:33 »
Aaaagh!! I'm not an eco-terrorist!! Having devoted my teenage years and early twenties to Greenpeace and various other environmental/ nature organisations I can tell you froglegs that there are many ecologically switched on people who are into saving this fantastic organisation.
Your qoute makes me sound as if I cackle remorselessly while pouring nuclear waste into the sea.
Over-fishing of the oceans, cutting down of the rainforests, civil wars in Africa, the refusal of the west to share technology with the developing world, forcing them to use ancient inefficient systems -all causing the near extinction of thousands of species of animal and plant-life. These are the planets main problems. Not to mention all the people who drive...cars!! I hope you don't have one froglegs!!  ;)
Me..no..........i have 2 which are a necessity, 9 jets making pretty lines in a blue(well it would be blue if they stopped filling it with pretty coloured chemicals) sky are not.And the cost it must take millons to keep them in the air, scrap them and the money saved could buy a fleet a air ambulance, i know which i would prefer to see in the sky. ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 11:18:52 »
Like this, Froggles?

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 11:39:35 »
The one's i had in mind Tim .....well they fly. ::) ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 13:43:35 »
Done it
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 14:56:18 »
Thanks all who have signed. This petition not started by me, sent to me by my mum to sign and thought this'd be good place to get extra support. Didn't want to get into environmental slanging match with the lovely froggie. Love the planet but love reds too!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 18:15:58 »
Thanks all who have signed. This petition not started by me, sent to me by my mum to sign and thought this'd be good place to get extra support. Didn't want to get into environmental slanging match with the lovely froggie. Love the planet but love reds too!

No not a slanging match but a good old difference of opinion. :) and as ya called me lovely lets just agree to disagree.... :-*  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 19:01:57 »
Froglegs... :-* ;)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 21:33:22 »
think i heard somewhere that everyone who had signed was going to get an email from the lovely horrid prime minister.

i hope i heard wrong !  don't want anything from that man cluttering up my in box.  i hope it goes straight to trash.

democracy and debate are great.  dictatorships should be destroyed.

8)

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 23:21:07 »
He's done at least as much to undermine whatever democracy we had as his role model Thatcher. It's the people who signed the anti-road charging petition who are going to be emailed, so you can relax.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 08:24:54 »
If there's a way  of showing support for a cause, I'll use it. This government should go, the  Red Arrows should stay...CLx
PS Tim, again Sir, I salute you!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 08:37:16 »
I've already signed, and is that right that I can expect to have the opportunity of conducting a 'meaningful exchange' with Ower Tone? Cos if he's going to invade my puter he's going to get one 8)

Actually, I'm really enjoying being an Armchair Activist....hmm, today's Big Decision....shall I give my support to the petition asking for elephants to be sold in pet shops ::)  they've 100 signatures already.....

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 10:17:54 »
If there's a way  of showing support for a cause, I'll use it. This government should go, the  Red Arrows should stay...CLx

How about we kill two birds with one stone?....put Blair in one of the jets and send them all off into the sunset(if ya can see it ) never to be seen again. ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal