Author Topic: MY WEEK : 6 UPDATE POSTED  (Read 1137 times)

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
MY WEEK : 6 UPDATE POSTED
« on: February 11, 2007, 08:27:14 »
Hello all, what a week we have had with all the snow around the UK, I have added this week's update of my progress, thanks Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:29:19 by STEVEPARTRIDGE »

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: MY WEEK : 6 UPDATE POSTED
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:23:54 »
Another great weeks work Steve. Really liked the picture of the Robin and that rabbits tale contraption looks ace..
 8)

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 10:37:33 »
I've been dipping in and out of your blog and I think it's a fantastic opportunity - you seem to be making very swift progress - it's impressive.
I'm also finding the detailed hints and tips v. helpful - I have suffered from leggy seedlings and now I know why!

PS Where did you get the polythene sheeting from?
and PPS Did you know you can often get contractors to give away left over water pipe, because once the roll is open they can't keep it...

Sophie

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:22:36 »
Thanks again Steve - you always seem to touch base with newbies like me and some of the more expert. keep it up (cannot wait until you have your own TV series!!)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:40:03 »
I just love looking at progress photos, you seem to be doing so much so quickly!

I was watching the Victorian Kitchen Garden DVD the other day, Harry was using a rabbit tail for pollinating peaches I  think, great you have found a bit of history... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:54:51 »
My sweetpeas are leggy - guess its time to chuck them!  Will sow some more in my new office which i have today cleared and there is a lovely light coming through the window - better than downstairs so am hoping this is my sweetspot!

STEVEPARTRIDGE

• Half Acre
    • MY ALLOTMENTS DIARY
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 19:43:49 »
I've been dipping in and out of your blog and I think it's a fantastic opportunity - you seem to be making very swift progress - it's impressive.
I'm also finding the detailed hints and tips v. helpful - I have suffered from leggy seedlings and now I know why!

PS Where did you get the polythene sheeting from?
and PPS Did you know you can often get contractors to give away left over water pipe, because once the roll is open they can't keep it...

Sophie

Hello Sophie and thankyou for your kind comments, the plastic sheeting I got from Wilkinsons in the gardening section and thankyou for the tip about getting the water pipe from contractors, regards Steve.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 00:53:26 »
Do you have the peach trees too Steve? ;D

My sweetpeas are leggy - guess its time to chuck them!  Will sow some more in my new office which i have today cleared and there is a lovely light coming through the window - better than downstairs so am hoping this is my sweetspot!

Hey OO, was dreading the sight of pepper and auby seedlings abandoned on w'sill over the last week, but they are looking fine - tonight I gave them a little ruffle and will continue to brush them daily to see if they stockify up! I seem to remember this coming up on a leggy seedling thread last year - nothing ventured ... ::)

Have you found the sweet spot? :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 00:57:34 by supersprout »

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 12:03:09 »
great idea for producing relatively cheap cloches
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 22:32:16 »
I loved the choches too, Steve & the glasshouse to die for.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal