Author Topic: What next!  (Read 1556 times)

ACE

• Hectare
What next!
« on: February 09, 2007, 07:42:17 »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/08/nmother108.xml

Surely those without would like to make one for their career's
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:43:55 by ACE »

legendaryone

• Hectare
Re: What next!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:47:17 »
Some people are just idiots  >:(
My wife died 12 years ago, our children were 8, 5 and 7 months so all 3 children have had to make mothers day cards and not one of them has been upset by them. In fact my eldest would put Dad instead  :) The other two would still give them to me on mothering sunday with big grins on thier faces  ;D Because as they would say i did mum's work as well  :)
Children will be upset by events in their life, they need to be taught how to deal with events not taught to carry on as if they haven't occured.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:33:39 »
Ridiculous.  Once again, sorry to use a cliche, but political correctness gone mad!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 17:53:16 »
There are, unfortunately, a few heads out there with a strong streak of control freakism, and no sense. Some people just get off on banning things.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 19:18:37 »
Surely the children would be encouraged to make the cards then maybe leave them at the graveyard when they visit surely that would give them great pride, or as legend says the children give them to their father, you must have done a great job with them mate. :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 21:52:02 »
you must have done a great job with them mate. :)

I haven't done too bad with them  ;) They would have made their mum proud.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 23:15:58 »
I am a saddo thirty something, and on fathers day I have been known to leave my fathers day card tucked away at the crem for the old boy to find.  It will be my folks wedding anniversary at the end of the month...what should I do, not wish mum a happy wedding anniversary in case it upsets her???  Of course she wishes dad were there, but come on!

You are legendary...legendary... ;D

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 07:51:12 »
Thats what these idiots don't realise is that it is very healthy for children to talk about dead and absent family and friends, and that to ignore that fact is going to invite emotional trouble in later years for these children.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 11:32:00 »
Thats what these idiots don't realise is that it is very healthy for children to talk about dead and absent family and friends, and that to ignore that fact is going to invite emotional trouble in later years for these children.

Well said leg (i meant that to sound like ledge, not leg  ::) ) perhaps this is the reason why we've got such a poor quality of young person these days because issues that should be dealt with in a healthy way are now being swept under the carpet, and storing up trouble for the future.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal