Produce > Drink ....

How do you make grape.........

(1/1)

dannylewis:
How do you make grape wine the easy way? I got a lottie near ours with a huge established grape vine, do any of you have a recipie for me to try? thanks
                            dannylewis
                             ;D ;D ;D

Doris_Pinks:
Oh Danny mine is going great guns in my cupboard! Nearly finished I think!  Will try and look up the recipe for you, if no one else gets there first!  Dottie P.

kingkano:
White or red?? hehe

need 12-14lbs of grapes per gallon of wine.  Crush grapes well in a bucket, add a few campden tablets & pectolase (or pectic enzyme of some kind), leave overnight, next day add yeast & nutrient and measure the SG if you have a hydrometer.  English grapes usually are not ripe enuff to make a good wine alone, you will probably need to add sugar to reach say 1085 or so (gives about 11% wine if I recall correctly).  for a red wine ferment on skins for about 10-14 days pressing the cap under every day.  for white, use juice only, for rose somewhere in between.  Any colour grape can make any colour wine (almost).

Removing the wine from the skins is a job lol.  If you dont have a wine juicerm, you can try a fruit juicer, or use a nylon seive as last resort.  Process into DJs and ferment to required dryness - you can also add acids etc, but I havent got any books handy to check that ;).  Will need some aging, a year is good 3 is better, to reach proper potential.

hope this helps some.

ken

Mimi:
Danny, I hope that this wine is for your mum and dads consumption and not for yours ;)

budgiebreeder:
Exactly  MImi,if Danny is a 13 year old school boy as he says he is .Why is he wanting to make Grape Wine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version