Author Topic: J Parkers  (Read 1226 times)

Clairylou

• Not So New ...
J Parkers
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:52:45 »
Hi,

I regularly buy from the T & M catalogue but i was given a J Parkers catalogue the other day by my mother in law because i mentioned i wanted to buy some blueberry plants has anyone got any experience of Parkers the prices seemed cheap i was wondering if there might be a catch.

Claire

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: J Parkers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 13:44:30 »
Parkers are mentioned a fair bit - not always favourably. Try the search facility. I think this was the most recent thread.

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,91/topic,27464.0

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 13:51:34 »
I've ordered some plants from them once before, and they were fine.

but, I think I got my blueberry plant from them and in 2 years have never had a single blueberry from it. I posted on here about it and someone pointed me in the direction of the dorset blueberry company who were really helpful. I would advise against buying 'Top Hat' – this is the one I have, and the dorset blueberry company don't stock it because it's "notoriously difficult to grow".

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 15:23:48 »
As you can see I was advised against Parker's. I asked because the prices were just too cheap and often that's a good indicator.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal