Author Topic: Toms you'll grow again?  (Read 6058 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Toms you'll grow again?
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 13:39:09 »
we usually do 6 of each variety , expect ot get 4, usually all of them do o.k. so plant some outside  :)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 21:31:19 »
Thanks MrsKP, that gives me an idea why some people seem to have enough left to make so much chutney!  (I'm envious by the way, not being flippant  :-X ).  x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:39 »
For those of you with multiple varieties ( :o ) how many of each type do you grow for heavens sake  :D?  That sounds like a lot of tomatoes to me lol x

For passata, two bedsfull of paste tomatoes (about 50 plants)
For the rest, two of each.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 08:14:54 »
I got a bit carried away last year. I had 17 plants in the conservatory, 6 in growbags and 5 in the flower beds. The problem is, I never get many cherry tomatoes for the kitchen, as I munch through them every morning as I do the watering!!!!!

Appart from the cherries, Tigrella was the best producer. The best plant I had was one that got eaten to a stump the night after I planted it out. I was told it would come back, but wasnt confident. Eventually, I had to stake the branches as it was so heavy with fruit :o Just goes to show....what do I know :-[

cj :)

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 12:12:12 »
Managed to squeeze about 45 plants onto a bed last year, grew Marmande for the first time, and was impressed. Grew Roma, good plum tomato, also tried Incas which was fantastic and will grow that again for certain. Will also grow a half a dozen of yellow tomato plants (saved seed) one a plum shaped one but not a plum, the other a round juicy one.

(sorry, just realised this is in "Under Glass" - all mine were outdoors  :-[ )

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal