Author Topic: resizing documents  (Read 1401 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
resizing documents
« on: January 29, 2007, 21:24:38 »
I have just posted a MS Publisher document on here in a different format as it would not accept publisher. The document has appeared larger than I hoped. I know how to resize photos but couldnt do this. In future how would I resize this?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
Re: resizing documents
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 21:47:34 »
Hi kt. Sounds as if you'll need to change it to a .jpg or something in common use, then use some sort of graphics editor to resize. If you don't have one, download Irfanview, free, and after setting it up to accept all file types, just load your pic, and 'Save As' **** .jpg. From there you can resize, resample or whatever you want, within reason. This is a guess because I don't know your original format.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 22:22:32 »
Original format was MS publisher file, changed to jpg file.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:00:29 »
If it's already a .jpg, your own editor or the one I mentioned earlier will resize. The largest size for A4A without screwing up the page formatting is 800 x 600 pixels. The next size up, 1024 x 968 just about fills a computer screen. Hope that's what you wanted.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal