Author Topic: Jane Perrone's book  (Read 1523 times)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
Re: Jane Perrone's book
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 19:51:58 »
Yup, bought it the other day and am reading my way through it at bed-time.  Are you looking for any advice in particular as I'll be able to tailor my feedback to you accordingly.

I bought it because I like an allotment book with a bit of first hand - particularly Newbie First Hand - experience in it. First impressions are that it's well written in the more modern "Not a Proper, Qualified Gardener But I've Learnt A Bit Over the Past Few Years of Plot Holding" approach which makes me feel like I might Learn A Bit, too.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll get back to you.  Are you anxious to get hold of a copy asap as I may have to up my reading speed! ;D

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 19:57:16 »
I was just curious really ;D! I already have 3 books on allotments and veggie growing so don't need any more, but I had seen Jane's blog and wondered if anyone had read the book.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 20:40:25 »
I'll let you know, just won it on eBay!  ;D

Read an excellent review of it in one of my mags.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 21:35:20 »
Am reading it at the moment - it's quite good, lots of advice from a "non-trained gardener" point of view & she has a nice, easy writting style. I like the "things to be doing this month" lists at the back

What's really interesting is she gives a list of allotment blogs at the back of the book and one of them is Moonbells' - am presuming it is "our" Moonbells?  :)

Anyone else's blog mentioned?

Tabby

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal