Author Topic: DAILY FREEBEE PROGRAMMES  (Read 2177 times)

WASSISNAME

• Quarter Acre
  • I water garden. The wife does the earth bit
DAILY FREEBEE PROGRAMMES
« on: January 25, 2007, 22:49:28 »
Not sure if this link came from this site but it's good for downloaging free programmes on a daily basis, o.k. so you won't everyone every day but its worth a look. Today it's a free recorder

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
The Wife does the gardening I just admire it

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: DAILY FREEBEE PROGRAMMES
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 23:14:13 »
I notice today's is shareware not freeware so you have to pay after 30 days.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:37:29 »
I notice today's is shareware not freeware so you have to pay after 30 days.

You have to download the software via the link on their site then follow the instructions below to get a free registered copy of the program on offer. That is if they ever get round to offering anything that's actually worth downloading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation

Unzip the package you`ve downloaded and run the activation program
Activate.exe which is included in the package, then run Setup.exe to
install the software.

You have to install it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over.

Terms and conditions

Please note that the software you download and install during
the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:
1) No free technical support
2) No free upgrades to future versions
3) Strictly non-commercial usage
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 02:39:50 by Baccy Man »

WASSISNAME

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 19:58:30 »
Well I can't guarantee that they are all good programmes, but there have been some good in the past and a lot of programmes some members may find useful as to the fact that there are no upgrades WHAT DO EXPECT FOR FREE

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 20:25:55 »
Well I can't guarantee that they are all good programmes, but there have been some good in the past and a lot of programmes some members may find useful as to the fact that there are no upgrades WHAT DO EXPECT FOR FREE

Lots and lots of spyware and adware  :o :o :o :o
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

WASSISNAME

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 23:15:17 »
silly billy you are so wrong about spyware and adware if you read what the site says THERE IS NO adware---malware or spyware  and I always check what I download anyway. Judging from the comments on this thread I shall not be posting links to help in the future but will pop in every now and then to see what others can offer

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 00:15:53 »
As far as I can see there is no spyware or adware being offered but there is nothing I would consider useful to me. I am sure there is the occasional program that some people will find useful but more often than not people download anthing that is free purely because it is free not because they need it. Then when their computers are not running efficently because they have hundreds of programs installed that they never use clogging up the registry or automatically running in the background & using the computers resources they bring them to me to sort out their mess.
This week I have had 17 computers to build, 8 hardware upgrades & 37 repairs 4 of which have been hardware faults, 13 with viruses/malware the other 20 were simply slow because they were full of rubbish where people had downloaded anything that was offered free. I had to explain to those 20 people why there computers were so slow & after going through the programs with them to find out what they did actually use I had to uninstall about 80-90% of the programs on each system & clear the remnants from the registries after which the computers were like new again. This is very time consuming & I seem to spend hours doing it every week so I see free software as an awful lot of work for me when I have other things I could be doing with my time.

As for the upgrades I wasn't making a comment the installation instructions & T&C's were copied from the site in question.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal