General > RHS Question & Answer

Chelsea Flower Show 2007

<< < (2/4) > >>

dandelion:
I 'd love to go to Chelsea this year.
I've never been though I've lived in London for 18 years! So when's the best time to go (I don't like crowds)?

sweet-pea:
I'm going on the Saturday with my mum.  Really looking forward to it, although not so sure about the crowds!

Deb P:
Ah yes, the crowds.......

I went to Chelsea regularly for about 10 years, but I haven't been back for about 6 years now.

I had an awful experience when I took my grandmother (her first visit) in a wheelchair, on one of the members days. I was appalled at the behaviour of some people, shoving in front of my grandmother after we had waited patiently to get to the front of a stand or showgarden, and just standing there. Lots of women with their planting plans and gardeners in tow, braying loudly that that would do nicely for their town garden....it was a completely different experience from previous years, and totally put me off I'm afraid. I now watch on the telly! ::)

Froglegs:
I went to Tatton last year that was the same full of ya "all furcoat & no knickers" brigade shoving & pushing.Sat down for a coffee at a table with 4 chairs when this woman(you know the sort "me and the queen don't fart")came across and demanded i move so the 4 of them could sit down.And how do they justify the entry fee,the money they must make, no think i will give it a miss and stick to going to local plant fairs much nicer. :(

Barnowl:
Haven't yet been to either, but friedns have suggested that teh Hampton Court Show is much more pleasant?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version