Author Topic: Knee Pads  (Read 3404 times)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
Re: Knee Pads
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 15:27:09 »
Thanks for welcome amazin  ;D
unfortunately I'm not even distantly related to the chain store 'wilko's', that would of been handy eh! ;)I'd 'av loads a mates then.

Cambourne7 I just bought a mini greenhouse and cover from Focus 1/2 price £12, hope you have one near you.
Life is to short !!!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 15:37:25 »
nope planning appliation got kicked out.
nearest is 15 miles away but i have got one for £7 :-) via queenswood same time i ordered by tilting seat

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 16:38:47 »
Thanks for welcome amazin  ;D
unfortunately I'm not even distantly related to the chain store 'wilko's', that would of been handy eh! ;)I'd 'av loads a mates then.

Cambourne7 I just bought a mini greenhouse and cover from Focus 1/2 price £12, hope you have one near you.

I bought one last summer - it cooked everything and i couldnt leave the door open or else the chooks would eat the lot.

Finally chucked it after the wind too it over and my plants with it, bending everything so it never fit back together again!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 17:38:58 »
I've tried two different types of knee pad and found both painful to use. I can't remember why now. I'll have to get them out and try them again to find out why I didn't like them. I think i prefer just a foam kneel mat though sometimes I move on without it. My OH tried the knee pads (in the loft not gardening!) as well and also found them painful.

thomasb

• Half Acre
  • Allotment in Cowley, Oxford
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 19:23:03 »
Kea,
Are any of the knee-pads that were recommended early in this thread the ones that you found painful?

Thomas

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 19:59:33 »
funny, Ray likes the knee pads, they hurt my old, arthritic knees so I use a kneeler with arms he made for me  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 12:16:07 »
Hi all. My partner a heating engineer and uses knee pads all the time. Any plumb centre or similar will sell them. Even better are the blue trousers with special inserts to slide pads into so they don't fall down! I want some!!!
How fantastic was that mans lottie? Absolutely amazing.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 16:41:44 »
Sorry Thomasb I don't know where I got them from and I haven't used them for a long time so I don't know where i have put them. I will have a look and see if I can find them as they may have a label on them.
I have a problem with one of my knees though and it might have made that worse.

thomasb

• Half Acre
  • Allotment in Cowley, Oxford
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 19:47:35 »
Thanks Kea

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal