Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

bees

(1/2) > >>

the_plotter:
I was annoyed today to discover one of my fellow plot holders who has been doing a bee keeping course, has been refused permission to place a bee hive on his allotment. bees and gardens or allotments go together naturally. local councils make decisions without much thought for the plot holders feelings. if they had asked the rest of the tennants first i am sure no one would have been against it. does any one else have beehives on their plot?
     the plotter

gavin:
Hi - there's a thread in Edible Plants which has some very useful links.  http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2578 - hope this takes you to it (otherwise, it's currently on page 2, near the bottom.

If the beekeeper is a member of his/her local beekeeping association, affiliated to the BBKA, their membership includes "Third Party Insurance for £5,000,000, also covering your bees, honey and other products."  Which might go some way to allaying the council's fears?

All best - Gavin

the_plotter:
many thanks i will print your reply and give it to him. i thik our local council makes up rules and regulations as they please

the plotter

garfield:
     Hello recognise Garfield Dan

the_plotter:
hi there dan nice to see you onboard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version